Collaborator Wanted

1st Look assessors have given one of my scripts very encouraging critiques. The original version had scenes and characters that needed to be removed. I re-wrote it accordingly. The 5 subsequent assessments were also positive - a couple said that I'd be a fool not to persevere with it.The idea was great. The general concensus was that it needs more laughs per page. BUT I've recently been encumbered with a lot of complicated problems and I won't have time to do another re-write. I NEED HELP. Prefferably a miracle, but I'd settle for help.

If its a writting partner you're after, I may be interested.

D'earman, thanks for the offer. "Steve by any other name's" got the first shot, but if he drops out I'll let you know. By the way, tha was an interesting 6.30 mins of U-Tube. Were you the one who looks like the bloke in the picture above? Or is that just a nom-de-pic? Your acting was short on the Oscar side, and long on the deliveries. And, apart from the nonsense I've just written, your acting seemed pretty good to me.

Quote: Stephen Birch @ February 6 2010, 7:19 PM GMT

D'earman, thanks for the offer. "Steve by any other name's" got the first shot, but if he drops out I'll let you know. By the way, tha was an interesting 6.30 mins of U-Tube. Were you the one who looks like the bloke in the picture above? Or is that just a nom-de-pic? Your acting was short on the Oscar side, and long on the deliveries. And, apart from the nonsense I've just written, your acting seemed pretty good to me.

Laughing out loud

Let everyone else know too, so they have a fair chance too!

Quote: earman2009 @ February 6 2010, 6:20 PM GMT

If its a writting partner you're after, I may be interested.

'writting'

Writting instead of writing? You're clearly insane!

Quote: earman2009 @ February 2 2010, 9:04 PM GMT

Sight instead of site? You're clearly insane!

;)

Thanks for the compliemtary words, Steven. I have been told before that I look a bit like Bret from FOC.

Quote: Morrace @ February 6 2010, 7:43 PM GMT

'writting'

Writting instead of writing? You're clearly insane!

;)

touché!

I have a script which I have sent to numerous agents and had some positive feedback. They all said it was positively apalling.....so I remain hopeful. A couple have said it was very funny (admittedly the couple were my mum and dad, and what a lovely couple they are).
Therefore I am need of someone to take my script with both hands, grip it tightly and run with it......as far as they can.
One of the things it needs is a higher joke ratio as at the moment it only has one slightly incredulous chuckle on page 307 (and this is where I had a mispelling in the phrase "I have always thought of you as a count?"). However I can report that the producers of 'My Family' are very interested.

Re: COLLABORATOR WANTED.
I'm sure my grandfather would be very interested in this opportunity as he sucessfully collaborated with the SS in wartime France. The only difficulty I can forsee is that he was hung for treason in 1943.I can mention it to Granpops though if you want???....next time I have the TV spirit medium Derek Acorah round for tea?
I await your reply.

What is all this laughs per page crap about anyway?
Beeb told me my script had too many.
Whats too much, too little?

All I can say is take care in selecting you 'collaborator' I decided to co-write a sitcom last year, ended up getting bogged down with it for almost 6 months before abandoning it, losing the will to write anything at all. Could have spent the time writing my own stuff instead.