Coming Of Age - Series 2 Page 3

I'd rather spend half an hour trying to set my own hands on fire.

Got good ratings apparently (hence recommission). Baffling.

Quote: YesNo @ January 13 2010, 4:52 PM GMT

719,000 people watched the show - that's a lot for BBC Three.

943,598 people voted for the BNP in the 2009 Euro elections.

Quote: Tim Walker @ January 19 2010, 7:43 AM GMT

943,598 people voted for the BNP in the 2009 Euro elections.

719,000 of the 943,598 BNP voters watch Coming of Age. The rest can't work their digi box.

I quite liked someone's review of the show on imdb recently...

"It's a bit like CBBC commissioned a comedy version of Grange Hill, but didn't realise the person they'd asked to write it was a paedophile, then only found out when it had been filmed, so decided to broadcast it anyway after the watershed".

I went looking for reviews of the show after watching the first episode of series 2 the other day.

Well, episode one attracted 720,000 in a slot that usually draws around 400,000. I'll be quite interested to see how episode 2 did.
Anyway, lots of good stuff tonight. Some great references and very clever writing behind the sex jokes.

"I'll tell your granddad I shagged his granddaughter" that was overstepping the mark...

I still like the show, but Jesus Christ, I feel sorry for Anabel Barnston, though, some of the stuff she has to do/say, Christ...

I did like the Murder She Wrote montage. Made me giggle.

Shoot me now.

Quote: Aaron @ January 20 2010, 1:57 AM GMT

Some great references and very clever writing behind the sex jokes.

This is me, saying absolutely nothing about this comment.

I'm currently watching Coming Of Age for the first time, and I'm in shock at how poor it is. The so called 'jokes' are making me cringe to the point of not being able to watch it. It's definitely the most un-original, un-intelligent work I've seen on television for a long while. I can't believe it made it past the pilot. What is happening to English comedy!?

Quote: EllieJP @ January 20 2010, 10:03 AM GMT

I did like the Murder She Wrote montage. Made me giggle.

I liked that bit too!

Quote: Tim Walker @ January 20 2010, 10:24 AM GMT

This is me, saying absolutely nothing about this comment.

You loved it, you know you did. :)

Review of Episode 3...

"Look Mummy! I done a big grown up poo in the toilet! Now I'm playing with my winky!"

Painful, never seen it before, had no idea this was a 2nd series, I recorded it fromm BBC HD without realising it was from Three.
Yuk watched 1 and a half and could take no more, cancelled from the planner.

I like it, but I'm getting bored already.

Two Pints....What HAVE you done to the world.....

This series doesn't seem to have generated much chatter on these boards.