Big Top Page 23

Quote: Griff @ January 4 2010, 11:01 PM GMT

The Daily Mirror didn't like it much. They've rated it worse than both Paradox and the Shane Richie version of Minder.

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/shelleyvision/2009/12/top-10-worst-tv-shows-of-2009.html

He's a bit unfair. I actually saw Young Butcher of the Year and it was quite gripping. "Stop making sausages!"

Not a patch on "Bring on the wall!", mind.

Quote: Aaron @ January 4 2010, 11:18 PM GMT

Not a patch on "Bring on the wall!", mind.

But much better than "Bring on the wall!"

True, very true.

Saw a few epsiodes- an original sitcom, but completely unfunny and Amanda Holden is also a failure in it.

Heard that it's got a 2nd series. I hope it was a joke.

Edited by Aaron.

I've been told it's unlikely to be recommissioned. But Life Of Riley was, so there's a chance.

I liked Life of Riley Rolling eyes was my replacement for After You've Gone

I suppose if they can get a good writer and have a bit less yellow and red everywhere you look and do a few location shoots, then it might be ok.....

Life Of Riley wasn't terrible, but was worse than Big Top. Both of which were worse thatn After You've Gone.

I agree that they are both worse than After You've Gone (Big mistake axing it).

I think Life of Riley could be better, it's kind of a crap My Family. When is it supposed to be back?

Quote: Aaron @ January 23 2010, 5:38 PM GMT

Life Of Riley wasn't terrible, but was worse than Big Top. Both of which were worse thatn After You've Gone.

Do you have a problem with having to rank things Aaron? Life of Riley was bad - apart from the last episode I think, but was it worse than Big Top....really?

DVD of Series 1 is scheduled for release on 1st of March, so around then.

Quote: bigfella @ January 23 2010, 6:38 PM GMT

Do you have a problem with having to rank things Aaron.

Yep.

However...

Life of Riley was bad - apart from the last episode I think, but was it worse than Big Top....really?

Yes. Really not a lot in it at all, but Life Of Riley lacked Tony Robinson. (I reasonably enjoyed both series.)

Life of Riley was bad - apart from the last episode I think, but was it worse than Big Top....really?

Oh God, yes. If Life of Riley can get recommissioned there is still hope for The Melting Pot.

Talking of After You've Gone - I've got all three series on DVD now. I've seen the first series again and now I'm on the second. I think they took it as far as they could. I'd like to see Nick Lyndhurst in a comedy-drama like Doc Martin or All About George; something less cheesy but with humour.

Quote: Dave @ January 23 2010, 7:08 PM GMT

I'd like to see Nick Lyndhurst in a comedy-drama like Doc Martin or All About George; something less cheesy but with humour.

Perhaps something like Rock and Chips then :). After You've Gone was pretty terrible imo however Big Top has a special place in my heart for the worst comedy in at least my living memory. Goodbye Mrs Noah being a hot contender however.