Big Top Page 20

Unbelievably, thee actors from 'The Office' have appeared in this shite - Neil Godwin, Jimmy the Perv and Chris Finch.

Thanks johnny. That's helpful.

Quote: David Carmon @ December 17 2009, 9:48 AM GMT

I laughed for the first time at it last night. Twice.

They were only small titters though.

Get your titters out!

You know what? This show is complete toilet-rim.

Surprised about Office actors appearing on it? I'm not, they are, and always have been, complete hacks - propelled into fantasy land (albeit momentarily) by the genius content of Gervais.

How did we ever get by without jim's profound critical insights and immense personal charm?

Quote: jim field @ December 18 2009, 7:44 PM GMT

You know what? This show is complete toilet-rim.

Surprised about Office actors appearing on it? I'm not, they are, and always have been, complete hacks - propelled into fantasy land (albeit momentarily) by the genius content of Gervais.

Thanks jim, that's helpful.

I liked the bit where John Thompson asked someone to smell the flower pinned to his shirt only for them to discover it was just a normal flower. Also, when he put a ferret in his pocket, what's wrong with that? It is the best way to transport them.

Perhaps the Christmas episode will have Daniel Peak being crucified with, on either side of him, whichever BBC executives decided to screen Big Top?

That'll go down well with viewers - as long as they don't rise again after three days.

I can't see why this show has come in for such abuse. It is big silly comedy, with much more wit and invention than some recent unaccountably acclaimed sitcoms.

I see that they have squashed the last 2 episodes into the same week, episode 5 on a monday and episode 6 on wednesday. Looks like they're trying to bury it quickly.

Episode 4 was actually rather funny, I hate even thinking it, but I laughed again. More than twice. I was quite ashamed. It's improved during the run a bit, shame the first episodes weren't up to it.

I kept getting distracted whilst watching it, but got a fairly positive feeling from what I did see. Probably not the best episode, but I continue to love Erasmus in particular.

Well epsiode 5 can't have been upto much, I fell asleep.

Ratings seem dismal.

Started with 3.3 for episode 1.
Episode 5 has overnight ratings of just 2.5 million, before that Wallace & Gromit got over 5.4 and straight after EastEnders had 9.6 million.

It will be interesting to see what the last episode on Wednesday gets.