Fall Sitcom Schedule in America Page 2

Quote: Dave @ September 1, 2007, 4:55 PM

I don't see why these programmes - or any, for that matter - should be cancelled after only one episode. Obviously, in America they don't know how to let a programme get comfortable and word of mouth to spread.

I guess that things are a bit more ruthless over there - getting high ratings each and every week is important to the advertisers. But I do agree - as has been shown so many times, programmes need a chance to bed down before they become popular (Fools and Horses for example)

Quote: Aaron @ September 2, 2007, 12:29 AM

Because the people who run American channels are even more idiotic than those who run British ones.

Probably true; but I do admire how NBC have stuck with The Office USA and turned it into a huge hit (the first four episodes of the new series are going to be an hour long). I think if I were an executive over there I wouldn't have had the balls to go against the grain and spend millions more on a second season when the first hardly registered with audiences.

Quote: Dave @ September 2, 2007, 11:16 AM

Though, in 8 Simple Rules, I prefer her sister Kerry.

Agreed.

Quote: Simon Stratton @ September 2, 2007, 10:34 AM

Seriously?

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/3491/kaleycuocose3.jpg

I prefer Hayden Panattiere (definitely spelt wrong)

Laughing out loud

Heroes is OK. I don't know if I'm going to stick with it for the long haul, though. Last week's on BBC 3 was better, I think. Anyway, Ali Larter as Nikki is way hotter!

I love Heroes!!

(But no spoilers! I've only seen it on BBC2 so far.)

Peter Petrelli is goooorgeous.

Nikki is soooo whiney. Peter needs to grow a set of manballs. Hiro is the king. I agree (no spoilers!) that the last episode was **** *********.

Ha.
Yes Hiro is aceness personified.

I like Peter's wonky mouth.

He reminds me of sylvester stallone.

Teary

Oh dear.

To me he looks like a perfected version of Xander from Buffy.
Thinner, cuter, better hair.

That painter guy is a waste of space. He's always so weak because of cold turkey. Absolute pansy.

Heroes is nowhere near as good as 24! 24 rocks the planet of it's axis!!!

I have to say America is throwing out some fantastic stuff at the moment. Puts us to shame IMO.

I don't know - we have Dr. Who, Primeval, and Life on Mars which is pretty good considering.

And Torchwood...

With all of its n0rtiness.

OMG TORCHWOOD . !

Anyway, the only show worth paying attention to is Pushing Daisies, I think. But then this means that I won't have anything on TV to watch while I finish hemming my jeans. And it's taking forever to torrent shows it seems... I just want to finish Black Books, dammit! (There's no Region 1 version of Season 3)