Fall Sitcom Schedule in America

Here are the new comedies. I'll let you know which are any good. I got most of this info from tvguide.com.

First show we got is ALIENS IN AMERICA. This is about socially awkward High School Student (Dan Byrd) befriends Pakistani Muslim exchange student.

Next is BACK TO YOU on FOX, which will cancel it after 1 episode if it doesn't perform as usual. This stars Kelsey Grammer from FRASIER, Patricia Heaton from EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND, and Fred Willard from BEST IN SHOW. as anchormen and sportscaster for a TV news show.

THE BIG BANG THEORY is about geeky scientists who try to change their nerdy ways when a cute blonde waitress moves into the apartment across the hall.

CARPOOLERS - Four guys — a newlywed, a nebbishy guy, a lothario dentist and a selfless family man — take turns driving each other to work. “I’m really trying to do a take on modern man,” explains creator Bruce McCulloch, rather than doing a sitcom centered on traffic or gas prices. “Women will get to watch how men think and the silly things they do to try to process their lives with women.” Sure they will.

CAVEMEN - Inspired by the popular Geico Insurance commercials, three contemporary cavemen struggle to make it in the modern world. Because of their lowbrow look, the clever Cro-Magnons have to cope with being stereotyped as primitives by the Homo sapiens around them. This show's pilot was completely re-shot, which has the smell of disaster written all over it.

CHUCK is brilliant and fun. Chuck Bartowski is a computer-tech expert who unwittingly becomes a secret agent when sensitive government intel is downloaded to his brain. He becomes a target for ninja assassins and terrorists and must be placed under the watchful eye of NSA agent John Casey (Firefly's Adam Baldwin) and his knife-slinging CIA cohort Sarah Walker (Aussie Yvonne Strahovski). I hope this makes it. It's really good.

Remember BRIMSTONE? Well, here's a strikingly similar show called REAPER. A guy names Sam discovers that his parents sold his soul to Satan. Now he must capture Hell’s escapees and sending them back home. And this is supposed to be a comedy? Okay... At least I'll have BRIMSTONE to fall back on if this tanks.

And last but not least is SAMANTHA WHO? No, this isn't the Doctor's long lost Granddaughter. That was Susan. This is about a girl who wakes up from a coma with no memory. She ten discovers she was an awful human being. Wasn't this a Harrison Ford film? Stars Christina Applegate. It reminds me of a female MY NAME IS EARL as she has to right wrongs that she does not remember. "She was a cheater, an alcoholic, and said whatever was on her mind," says Applegate. Nor does she remember her wacky family, shallow best friend or sweet boyfriend (Barry Watson). Yeah. It's MY NAME IS EARL, all right.

I remember we're doing our own version of "The IT crowd", but I think that might be a midseason replacement.

-Erik

Quote: Erik @ September 1, 2007, 12:39 AM

CHUCK is brilliant and fun. Chuck Bartowski is a computer-tech expert who unwittingly becomes a secret agent when sensitive government intel is downloaded to his brain.

Errr

Quote: Erik @ September 1, 2007, 12:39 AM

He becomes a target for ninja assassins ...

AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhhahaahahahha Laughing out loud

Hmmm, Chuck sounds like the only one worth watching, but keep us posted!

Sounds like they'll all get cancelled.

You'd know better than I would, but it must be hard for Kelsey Grammar to shake off Frasier. He'll probably need a wig and some glasses to make people believe he's not FC.

Hi Erik - thanks for the details - very interesting.

I've seen a trailer for THE BIG BANG THEORY - that looks pretty good.

BACK TO YOU is either going to be awesome or suck. It's already been bought by one of the channels over here (C4 I think?) suggesting it could be the former.

I've read somewhere that CAVEMEN is terrible - like you say, if they even had to re-shoot the pilot that's not good news.

Do keep us posted on what they turn out to be like please Erik.

As for the IT Crowd - I'm keeping an eye on http://www.nbc.com/Fall_Preview/The_IT_Crowd/ as I'm waiting for the trailer. There's only a pointless Richard Ayoade interview on there at the moment.

Chuck and Reaper are dramas and most of the comedies next year are one's coming back for new series. That's what i gathered from the stuff i've read.

BUT READ THOSE DESCRIPTIONS!!!!!!

If I was a reader or editor or agent or producer and I received those 'synopses', I wouldn't blink twice before throwing them away.

CAN YOU FUCKEN BELIEVE IT?!

Those shows sound like jokes!

Is this a wind-up or what?

Erik's whole post looks like something written by a teenager as a gag about how stupid the American tv industry is.

Seriously.

Have to say I'm with Skib on this one. They sound like an April Fools' joke.

And a bad one at that.

Do you mean the Autumn?

I can't wait to see The Big Bang Theory! Kaley Cuoco is in it! She was great as Bridget in 8 Simple Rules!

I've seen clips of Back to You and I've liked what I've seen.

I don't see why these programmes - or any, for that matter - should be cancelled after only one episode. Obviously, in America they don't know how to let a programme get comfortable and word of mouth to spread.

Yeah, it was such a shame about Drive. Only 6 episodes :(

Quote: Dave @ September 1, 2007, 4:55 PM

I don't see why these programmes - or any, for that matter - should be cancelled after only one episode. Obviously, in America they don't know how to let a programme get comfortable and word of mouth to spread.

Because the people who run American channels are even more idiotic than those who run British ones.

The Big Bang theory has Kaley Cuccoo (probably spelt wrong) in it so thats a clear winner for me. Yes I am as fickle as the average American Joe Laughing out loud

Seriously?

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/3491/kaleycuocose3.jpg

I prefer Hayden Panattiere (definitely spelt wrong)

Kaley Cuoco's amazing! I HAVE to watch Big Bang Theory! Though, in 8 Simple Rules, I prefer her sister Kerry.