Last Laugh's Last Stand? Page 5

I didn't enter, as I wasn't allowed to. That was the real quality control.

:D

Quote: 2ChristianTypists @ October 29 2009, 11:35 AM BST

I personally don't see where the use is in scorning a scheme and process you had no involvement in.

I wasn't involved in the invasion of Iraq, Bloody Sunday, the Holocaust or indeed a great many other schemes that I scorn. Maybe I should chill out?

The readers DID read all the scripts and more than once.

With great respect, you cannot possibly know that.

The legacy of the competition . . . was to encourage and showcase new writing and new writers - which it did do, trust me.

I may have had my 'controversy' dial turned a little high when I described some of the entries. If I turn it down a little, I can say the finalists' scripts were not actually 'awful'. Most of them were good by non-professional standards but I remain adamant that, of all the finalists, only Mary Marland and my old sparring partner 'Sheepy' produced scripts of professional quality.

The rest were much of a muchness and in no way superior to many others that were bandied about on Internet forums.

Having said that, I'm happy to allow that even the worst of the finalists' scripts was many leagues ahead of some of the dross written by 'professional' writers and broadcast on TV.

And the legacy of the competition was not centred on the final shows. It was to encourage and showcase new writing and new writers - which it did do, trust me.

Sorry can't trust you any further than I could throw Roodeye, as you are using an anonymous ID with no info in your profile.
:S

Quote: Roodeye @ October 29 2009, 12:15 PM BST

I wasn't involved in the invasion of Iraq, Bloody Sunday, the Holocaust or indeed a great many other schemes that I scorn. Maybe I should chill out?

With great respect, you cannot possibly know that.

With all greater respect, I do know that.

:O

Calm down, calm down!!

I think WRITEFORESKIN should be the referee.

Quote: billwill @ October 29 2009, 12:43 PM BST

Sorry can't trust you any further than I could throw Roodeye, as you are using an anonymous ID with no info in your profile.

Hello Bill,

I know we haven't always been the best of friends but you're a Welshman who likes classic cars so you can't be all bad.

I'm pretty sure Bushbaby is Juggs. Cool

Quote: Roodeye @ October 29 2009, 1:03 PM BST

Hello Bill,
I know we haven't always been the best of friends but you're a Welshman who likes classic cars so you can't be all bad.

:D :D :D :D

God! You're a tough crowd. :D

Quote: Roodeye @ October 29 2009, 1:28 PM BST

God! You're a tough crowd. :D

You ain't so bad yourself!

As Vic Reeves might say: "He wouldn't let it lie" :S

I've been dumping a load of stuff in preparation for our house move and came across a paper version of my Mike Davis PI script. I gave a little yelp of joy as I thought I'd lost all record of it. Writers Dock had it online but they dumped the forum.

Anyway...what a pile of shite! There were a few funny lines I thought but I found my plot ultra-confusing which is probably why it didn't get past the long list.

Quote: Roodeye @ October 29 2009, 1:03 PM BST

Hello Bill,

I'm pretty sure Bushbaby is Juggs. Cool

Oh, she is, that's never been hidden.

Ah, I see what I've done.

You were talking about 2ChristianTypists - not Bushbaby.

I should have gone to Specsavers.

I can't vouch for his/her identity but he/she seems 'genuine' enough, doesn't he/she?

What did you sell to the BBC Roodeye?