British Comedy Guide

Peep Show - Series 6 Page 24

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 25 2009, 10:43 PM BST

Superb episode. Great writing, beautifully played. Loved the idea of Mark having that very brief moment of total inner calm and contentment.
:)

That was his eye of the storm, I reckon. Poor bastard. Best episode in a long while. Perfect. The second half was such a great collision of plotlines past and present, all engineered to f**k Mark up royally. Can't wait for the next one now. Argh!

Quote: Bekonah @ September 26 2009, 11:01 AM BST

That was his eye of the storm, I reckon. Poor bastard.

There's still a chance that the baby is Jeff's, (despite the results) or that he will end up with it; after all, they've told us he was involved, so the groundwork has been laid.

I don't want to ruin the fun, but is it actually possible to do pre-natal DNA tests with much accuracy and/or so early in a pregnancy?

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ September 26 2009, 11:12 AM BST

I don't want to ruin the fun, but is it actually possible to do pre-natal DNA tests with much accuracy and/or so early in a pregnancy?

How early in the pregnancy was it?

It's certainly possible to do it wrongly, just like with anything else.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ September 26 2009, 11:18 AM BST

How early in the pregnancy was it?

I dunno, but Sophie normaly looks more pregnant (because she usually is in real life) when she wasn't supposed to be. :)

Quote: sootyj @ September 26 2009, 10:24 AM BST

I liked it.

But stop mentioning White Dwarf you over talented wankers!

I was vaguely thinking of updating my script about gamer geeks and it now looks as fresh as Jordan's minge.

I winced when Mark made the 'Alfie' reference to Jeremy. Basically pretty much the same dig is right there in scene 2 of my latest script. :( Sam and Jesse, you talented bastards!!!! Angry

The short answer is no. Basically it isn't, not without amniocentesis (which is risky for the foetus and would only be done for other reasons like a history of genetic abnormalities, or concerns over development previously raised by the ultrasound scans).

I decided to overlook this detail in the spirit of comedy. (How f**king magnanimous of me, eh?)

Hmmn who knows then, perhaps Sophie is just f**king with them then and picked who she thought would be the softest touch, which, obviously, would be Mark. I don't know that this would be out of character for her, the DVD extra on S5 (Sophie's Peep Show) actually makes her out to be a bit of a cow.

It would also be a geat set-up for later comedy scenarios. Like when the baby comes out blonde.

Good point, is may be just a ruse on Sophie's part.

Quote: Bekonah @ September 26 2009, 11:58 AM BST

It would also be a geat set-up for later comedy scenarios. Like when the baby comes out blonde.

That would be genetically possible with two dark-haired parents. Although if it's black Johnson might be back...

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 26 2009, 11:27 AM BST

The short answer is no. Basically it isn't, not without amniocentesis (which is risky for the foetus and would only be done for other reasons like a history of genetic abnormalities, or concerns over development previously raised by the ultrasound scans).

I decided to overlook this detail in the spirit of comedy. (How f**king magnanimous of me, eh?)

Didn't think so. GCSE Biology grade A, thanks to the Reader's Digest Book of the Human Body. :)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ September 26 2009, 12:10 PM BST

Although if it's black Johnson might be back...

That's what I'm sort of half expecting. :D

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ September 26 2009, 12:10 PM BST

That would be genetically possible with two dark-haired parents. Although if it's black Johnson might be back...

That's true.

And yes, how awesome it would be in a really improbable way if it was Johnson's. Couldn't really take that anywhere re the guys though, after the initial aftershock. Unless Sophie blamed some regressive gene in her family.

Actually that could be quite fun.....

I was thinking about this show today and I think one of the things is it feels so real and funny at the same time. I've been in so many flatshares like that; they really have the hilariously tragic lives of 30 year olds who can't grow up flat sharing together.

N.B. the baby?

Super Hans for deffo.

Quote: sootyj @ September 26 2009, 12:51 PM BST

N.B. the baby?

Super Hans for deffo.

That would be a way to push Mark down even further.

I think Mark would literally prefer it to be anyone else's other than his. If it turned out to be his, he would feel that he'd be forced to try and get back together with Sophie.