Last Laugh's Last Stand?

This is a topic for casual chatter by those writers & wannabe writers who took part in the Last Laugh Competition a few years ago.

We've migrated through various forums over the years since and some have become good friends. We do have a private little forum elsewhere, but it might me nice to creep in like little mice into a corner of this great website too.

Whistling nnocently Whistling nnocently Whistling nnocently Pirate Wave

:D :P Laughing out loud :D :P Laughing out loud :D :P Laughing out loud

:)

Hello Bill. Who are you - have we met? Oh yes, so we have. Did you get your car fixed? How are the goldfish?

Quote: Tuumble @ September 21 2009, 3:12 PM BST

Hello Bill. Who are you - have we met? Oh yes, so we have. Did you get your car fixed? How are the goldfish?

The fish are fine & growing big with me feeding them funny pellets from the 99p shop.

Lotus Blossom still has her head off and I don't expect that back for a couple more weeks.

Evening all...

There has to be more of us than this left?

Come... where are you all hiding?

And.... does anybody still have their last 10 minutes?

Quote: KJSmyling @ September 21 2009, 10:59 PM BST

Evening all...

No, coz I left my only finalised version on Writersdock and then they went and deleted the forum without making (to my mind) reasonable efforts to contact users to let them know.

I have a rough draft in print somewhere but no finished script.

Quote: KJSmyling @ September 21 2009, 10:59 PM BST

Evening all...

I've got mine somewhere I expect, 'cos I'm good about backing up etc.

So where did folk here get to with the competition...?

Just curious...(!).

Hello! I got absolutely nowhere with my half-arsed Good Morning Miss Milton attempt. I rushed it off in half a day or so and it was pretty cack, looking back.

I made the long-list for Mike Davis PI and was ranked, to use their words, in the top 5% of entries. I have a letter from the BBC to prove it too. :)

Quote: 2ChristianTypists @ September 22 2009, 11:18 AM BST

So where did folk here get to with the competition...?

Just curious...(!).

I got nowhere with my "Last Quango in Harris" ending.

Probably just as well, had I been listed I would have had to be disqualified.

But it was fun, & we met lots of good people through the forums.

I was 'long-listed' for my 'Good Morning Miss Milton' effort, and had a nice feedback letter from the Beeb...

Still have a copy as I printed it out and stuck it in a drawer! (backing up the old way!)

My problem with the competition was that not only is it difficult to 'finish' half a script without being able to re-write the first half, but also a lot of those scripts offered, weren't terribly exciting.

I still have mine on a memory stick... somewhere...

from what I remember I was pleased with plotting but when I reread it later I realised there were no jokes... oh well, we live and learn...

come folks, there has to be more of you out there...

I still have the original little book they sent out... wonder what it's worth on Ebay? ;)

I've still got ours and read it occasionally whilst shaking my head wondering why we didn't at least make the long list. Teary

I've kept the book as a little momento of the time when I was once (literally!) funny.

Oh, heady days.

i re-read mine after reading this thread and still think it was bloody brilliant, the BBC made a big mistake rejecting me.Having said that, there is, unfortunatly a long list of people who have made similar errors. One day I'll look back on all this and laugh. The trouble is that It seems I will be the only one.

J26 Laughing out loud