Derren Brown: Predicting the Lottery Page 11

Ah.

I really enjoyed it. I like DB and this hasn't changed my view. As someone said earlier, it feels like "event television" again.

People who criticise him for "making out he's psychic when it's just a camera trick" are idiots who don't listen.

Quote: JuliaC @ September 11 2009, 10:30 PM BST

People who criticise him for "making out he's psychic when it's just a camera trick" are idiots who don't listen.

What did I miss?

Just in general.

Quote: JuliaC @ September 11 2009, 10:36 PM BST

Just in general.

Was there a bit where he said that the psychic automatic writing thing wasn't real? Genuine question. If he did say that, then I wasn't listening.

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 11 2009, 10:11 PM BST

Blaine's on now, seems less of a twat than usual.

OMG! Did anyone just witness those freaks? Laughing out loud F**king hell...

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 11 2009, 10:39 PM BST

OMG! Did anyone just witness those freaks? Laughing out loud F**king hell...

Me and Mrs Random just looked at each other then burst out with laughter Laughing out loud quality Laughing out loud

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 11 2009, 10:38 PM BST

Was there a bit where he said that the psychic automatic writing thing wasn't real? Genuine question. If he did say that, then I wasn't listening.

I think he just starts most things with "is believed to" or "people believe that". It's all misdirection, and to be fair, it's worked. No one has figured out how he did it, and even though he doesn't claim to be a magician it's certainly his goal to astound and amaze.

Quote: random @ September 11 2009, 10:43 PM BST

Me and Mrs Random just looked at each other then burst out with laughter Laughing out loud quality Laughing out loud

That song they did at the end!? Laughing out loud I am NEVER going there! :D

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 11 2009, 10:47 PM BST

I think he just starts most things with "is believed to" or "people believe that". It's all misdirection, and to be fair, it's worked. No one has figured out how he did it, and even though he doesn't claim to be a magician it's certainly his goal to astound and amaze.

I don't think I can agree with that.

I reckon plenty of people have figured out how it was done, or at the very least come up with more plausible, and more ingenious, explanations than the one DB presented tonight. Which, let's face it, was lame as f**k.

I liked the programme and I'm excited about next week. I've always wondered how he hypnotised people using the screen in the Photo Booth one and Game one so this should be interesing.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 11 2009, 11:15 PM BST

Which, let's face it, was lame as f**k.

Why?

I would just say that I very much doubt that we've heard the last word from Derren about the lottery trick. Don't be surprised if it turns out to be part of a far bigger finale at the end of this series. ;)

Quote: JuliaC @ September 11 2009, 11:36 PM BST

Why?

Because it wasn't even remotely convincing.

And because it required the audience to believe in psychic powers.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 11 2009, 11:46 PM BST

I knew you were going to say that.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 11 2009, 11:46 PM BST

Because it wasn't even remotely convincing.

Right.