Derren Brown: Predicting the Lottery

The Wednesday show. Theories?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_2h4UH1qaM

We were just discussing this on the 'What Are You Watching On TV?' thread, but no doubt it will be a runner (well, until Friday at least), so good idea to start one for it. :)

I can't see how it could be done without camera tricks.

Just watched that clip and there seems to be a video blip between Derren walking from the television screen to the ball podium. This is what I believe is called 'split screen'.

Anyone who is gullible enough to believe this guff, should send me money and not breed with anyone.

I doubt anyone actually thinks he's psychic! That's not what he tries to make anyone believe either.

He always says it's a trick, it's just fun working out how he did it.

Quote: zooo @ September 10 2009, 12:45 AM BST

I doubt anyone actually thinks he's psychic!

On this forum? I agree.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 10 2009, 12:46 AM BST

On this forum? I agree.

I knew you were going to say that.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 10 2009, 12:43 AM BST

Just watched that clip and there seems to be a video blip between Derren walking from the television screen to the ball podium. This is what I believe is called 'split screen'.

Another interesting thing to note is that all the way through the camera is shaky and appears to be hand-held, but once he starts going over to the podium it suddenly becomes very steady.

Just watched the clip. No new ideas, but have just posted my first ever comment on YouTube. :P (It will probably be my last as well, as I have nothing offensive to say against black people or homosexuals, which seems the "de rigeur" way to make your point on there.)

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 10 2009, 1:14 AM BST

Just watched the clip. No new ideas, but have just posted my first ever comment on YouTube.

Was it "your gay"?

:D

Some irate person who's just commented obviously seems to think that Derren is claiming to be genuinely psychic. He's accusing his prediction of being "faked" and calling Derren "a fraud", which is sort of his whole thing really.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 10 2009, 1:14 AM BST

I have nothing offensive to say against black people or homosexuals

Utilize your British-ness to its full potential and just throw the word "fag" around. You guys get a pass on that one.

:D

Well, I think tonight's show was a misdirection for something else, something bigger. He's a showman and to just have a show explaining something won't be enough for him.

Quote: Leevil @ September 10 2009, 1:22 AM BST

Well, I think tonight's show was a misdirection for something else, something bigger. He's a showman and to just have a show explaining something won't be enough for him.

Yes, I hope so!
He does have (I think) 4 specials coming up, so I think there might be something big that connects them all which will be revealed at the end. Maybe.