Derren Brown: Predicting the Lottery Page 8

I always wondered why Horace Batchelor never used his own In For a Draw method to make his own fortune rather than advertising on Radio Luxembourg all the time ?

Pleased

I've read a lot of this thread and can't believe some of it. Come on folks, he's an entertainer doing entertainment shows. The fact a lot of people are talking about it shows he is good at his job. I like him (even though the horse racing one was shit, it had a point in showing how people can be persuaded of anything based on their limited knowledge of events).

And the thread title should probably change, shouldn't it? He didn't predict the lottery, he revealed the lottery numbers after the draw was made. I could do that any Wednesday or Saturday. Admittedly he revealed them in an intriguing way, but bottom line is he repeated something to us that we already knew and made us feel he'd done something special. Which in a way is a bit special, isn't it? At least as an entertainer?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 10 2009, 10:39 PM BST

He's been doing card tricks his entire career. Watch some of his TV shows. He's a really good card handler.

I've seen his card skills, I bet he's an ace poker player too.

Quote: Leevil @ September 11 2009, 1:43 AM BST

I bet he's an ace poker player too.

Tee hee - he made you represent an ace there.

Quote: David Bussell @ September 10 2009, 4:44 PM BST

It's the theory that has my money.

Again with the Occam's Razor. How about you shave my balls with it, logic-boy?

:D

Quote: Lee Henman @ September 11 2009, 1:50 AM BST

Again with the Occam's Razor. How about you shave my balls with it, logic-boy?

Did you mean to quote me there Henman?

I was shaving your momma's balls earlier and I found a 29. Bingo!

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 11 2009, 2:04 AM BST

Did you mean to quote me there Henman?

I was shaving your momma's balls earlier and I found a 29.

You're both Children Of The Occam. And I was shaving your grandpappy's balls earlier and nicked your tongue.

I would say "zing!" but only twats say that.

"Zing!"

Quote: Badge @ September 11 2009, 12:39 AM BST

And the thread title should probably change, shouldn't it? He didn't predict the lottery, he revealed the lottery numbers after the draw was made. I could do that any Wednesday or Saturday. Admittedly he revealed them in an intriguing way, but bottom line is he repeated something to us that we already knew and made us feel he'd done something special. Which in a way is a bit special, isn't it? At least as an entertainer?

No, not really. So what? But then I never did enjoy magic either.

Quote: Lee Henman @ September 11 2009, 2:08 AM BST

You're both Children Of The Occam. And I was shaving your grandpappy's balls earlier and nicked your tongue.

I would say "zing!" but only twats say that.

"Zing!"

Damn, son, you just bought him a one-way ticket to Zingbabwe!

Of course he couldn't reveal his 'prediction' before the draw. It would be impossible to predict the numbers. He just has a very clever way of getting the numbers onto the balls after the draw was made.

I love the amount of people angry that he didn't really predict the lottery numbers. I wonder if they get that angry every time they see a magic trick or if they truly believe that magicians actually have special powers.

It must be very odd thinking that magicians actually saw women in half rather than just presenting the illusion that's what they have done.

Yeah, what's will all the Derren hate? He never said he's psychic.

Personally, I think he's great. Especially his expose on cold reading... and that stunt in which he hypnotised the guy playing a shoot-em-up computer game in the pub and then transported him to a warehouse full of actors playing zombies.

(Aaron - Derren is actually a very skilled close-up magician: coins, cards he used to do all that sort of thing - see his older series)

I don't hate him, I FEAR HIM!!!!!!!!!

Man in London - "I think that it is just a misdirection, deception type thing. But! The deception is that he's not an illusionist, and is in fact magic, with powers and that." :D

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ September 11 2009, 5:41 PM BST

I don't hate him, I FEAR HIM!!!!!!!!!

I don't hate him either, I just hate the mouth breathers who wonder at his parlour games and are in awe of his 'magic powers'.

'How did you know I had a dog called Ginger? That's amazing! You have well wicked scary powers man.'

I'd love Derren to corner someone in the street and say -

'You've masturbated wearing your sister's knickers.'

'How did you know that Derren? You're amazing!'