What Have You Done Lately? Page 2

Word!

Actually I was going to say I've done bugger all lately but I did do a Sitcom Trials entry.

WHYDL? Anyone else growing a beard? I know Dolly is growing her pussy. My beard, whilst young and pubic like, is getting pretty scruffy or long as it's also known. I look like a tramp, but feel like a writer. I'm not actually writing, but living the life of one, so that's OK... isn't it? Yes.

:D

In order to boost my credentials as a writer I'm thinking of contracting syphilis from a 17th century prostitute. And becoming a closet homosexual.

Quote: Leevil @ September 8 2009, 10:58 AM BST

My beard, whilst young and pubic like, is getting pretty scruffy

Looks okay in the photo.

This week a Hat Trick producer and a CBBC producer are meant to be getting back to me on some sample work I sent them both (but who knows?). Currently I'm churning out material for a Radio 4 sketch show I've been commissioned for.

The jokes have been pouring out of me lately (that's not to say they're any good but I definitely seem to be improving), and some sketches I sent off to 'TV Burp' awhile back seem to have grabbed the attention of the co-producer and I'm writing some new ones which, if enjoyed, may be considered for the new series. :)

Great to see what other people are doing, quite intimidating knowing that you're out there!

Quote: Marc P @ September 8 2009, 10:58 AM BST

Word!

Actually I was going to say I've done bugger all lately but I did do a Sitcom Trials entry.

After all your rants about the "special clause"! You sir, are a hypocrite!

Quote: chipolata @ September 8 2009, 12:01 PM BST

After all your rants about the "special clause"! You sir, are a hypocrite!

:D

I don't recall ranting. I merely wondered what it would be and they answered the question, I never had a problem with it just wanted to know the details.

I had a production company show interest in a screenplay just before the holidays.
Took a good meeting and they're keen to option BUT want my reaction to their extensive - and quite challenging - notes before they commit.

So, currently unpicking the plot and watching it collapse into a heap around my ankles.
And, you know what, I've a funny feeling they're right - it's already sounding better.

Follow-up meeting next week, so I need to get my ducks in a row a bit sharpish.

Quote: Lazzard @ September 8 2009, 12:16 PM BST

so I need to get my ducks in a row

I've never heard that expression before? Is it commonplace or did you just make it up?

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 8 2009, 12:18 PM BST

I've never heard that expression before? Is it commonplace or did you just make it up?

Used to work in advertising and it was quite common.

http://www.wisegeek.com/where-did-the-term-get-your-ducks-in-a-row-come-from.htm

Oh, OK, cheers.

I have been working on my Comedy podcast again after taking a break. Hosk Half Hour - http://hoskshalfhour.blogspot.com/2009/09/hosks-half-hour-episode-73-women-are.html

I was listening to Blue Jam and read Hunter S Thompson and was then promptly starting shouting obscene and odd things into my microphone again.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 8 2009, 11:00 AM BST

In order to boost my credentials as a writer I'm thinking of contracting syphilis from a 17th century prostitute. And becoming a closet homosexual.

Luckily I'd already picked up both in the course of my normal daily activities.

This is by far the most intersting thread I had read on here.

I never knew that this many of you have alot of prospects ahead of you. Nice. Well done.

It is actually quite inspiring, as I don't send anything out, not as yet anyway, and this makes me believe that if some of you are doing well, I'm sure I can...As I am funnier, and am the best writer.

You have to believe that, to be successful, like a boxer has to believe he is the best to win.

Doed everybody on here believe they are best? Surely you have to believe that in order to strive to to a success.
:)