Shooting Stars Page 18

Was it just me or was the audience very muted tonight?

I thought the retro doco was the best thing I have seen for ages, and I have seen some very good things.

Loved tonights episode.

Last week was a wee bit borderline but tonight worked (opened so well) both for me and my wife, enjoyed so very much :)

This was a lot stronger than last week's episode. Didn't feel so much as though they were just going through the motions. :)

It was nice to see a follow up to 'Geordie Jeans'.

The pound coin in Vic's hand at the end of his dance with whatsherface made me laugh so much.

Just the stupid sillyness of it all.

I love Vic and Bob.

I liked the singing omelette too; killed by a jazz gun.

It was good fun, LOL at stance.com.

An absolute LOL fest. Especially the omlette.

Great episode. Far more energy and enthusiasm from Vic & Bob. If every show of the series is going to be like this one then the returning series can be held as a triumphant return which will hopefully lead on to a sketch show in the same vain as The Smell of or Bang! Bang!

I too love Shooting Stars and think that with so much poor quality stuff around there should always be space in the schedules for it, there's always a couple of truly great surreal moments.

My only small gripes would be that with them having such a wide remit as things are so surreal, it seems a bit lazy to use repeated gags such as the Ulrika 'Loving you' song and the blowing the pipes at Jack, I don't wanna sound anal but surely they're clever enough to think of something new each week. There are enough good catch phrases and stock items as it is. Only a minor niggle as I say.

I would also selfishly like to see more skits/sketches; over the years the Shooting Stars sketches have been fantastic from Mr Michael Douglas, Geordie Jeans and The A-Team modifying the van these have always been my highlight.

Great stuff.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 2 2009, 10:54 PM BST

I'm gonna join the love fest, very good tonight. My only criticism / concern is that Bob Mortimer and Kevin Spacey are rapidly becoming the same person physically.

Geordie Carpets had me rolling on the floor. :D

It was 'Geordie Sofas'

Quote: bamalamafizzvaj @ September 2 2009, 11:08 PM BST

Was it just me or was the audience very muted tonight?

I suspect this series is being shot in front of a smaller audience than during its hey-day. No doubt some broom cupboard of a studio in London.

One disappointing thing for me, so far, is that Jack Dee hasn't really contributed anything other than filling a chair and looking grumpy. Would be good to have some bile thrown back at Vic & Bob by him.

It reflects well on Matt Lucas to turnout for a couple of mates on this moth eaten sorry excuse for a show and pretend he's still the one without much of a career.

Passing off a series of Christmas Crackers jokes off as whacky and ironic the first time was just passable but now it's pathetic.

However I'm in a minority about this as well as Catterick which I thought was a really decent piece of work and the best thing that Vic and Bob ever did.

Still they don't have to try hard with a pretty fresh faced Ulrika anymore as a couple of lagers and a quick headline and she's anybodies.

Quote: youngian @ September 3 2009, 2:36 PM BST

It reflects well on Matt Lucas to turnout for a couple of mates on this moth eaten sorry excuse for a show and pretend he's still the one without much of a career.

He's not 'pretending' anything. He's part of the show, why wouldn't he come back? And a couple of mates? This is Vic And Bob; genuine comedy giants.

I met Matt Lucas when I was compereing a stand-up gig year agos. He had only just started becoming moderately well known due to Shooting Stars. He was doing £50 a night gigs otherwise (as Sir Bernard Chumbley). He was a genuinely warm and friendly bloke (not often one can say that) and the way he spoke about them, it was obvious that he absolutely adored Vic & Bob. Whatever success he has had, I am certain that he just loves being around them and would jump at the chance to work with them in pretty much any capacity.