Shooting Stars Page 23

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 7 2009, 6:21 PM BST

It's this sort of endless catch-phrase repetition that could have been addressed in re-vamping the show. Change things around a bit, introduce some new words/regular features. I think it's these kind of issues that a lot of the above gripes are directed towards. You don't have to dump the essential style and format of the show, but some spring-cleaning would have been welcome.

By you maybe!
I like it as it is. Yes I am a stick-in-the-mud.

Have you tried BBC iPlayer? 'Cos I can see it on there, personally.

And I'd like to add that I would be incredibly disappointed and possibly upset if Iranu/Uvavu went, but that's just my opinion.

Quote: zooo @ September 7 2009, 6:31 PM BST

By you maybe!
I like it as it is. Yes I am a stick-in-the-mud.

Garlic bread?!

You havin' a laugh?!

I'm a lady!

Now I don't believe you wanted to do that!

Am I bovvered?

I am the only gay in this village!

How very dare you?!

Is it because I is black?

And remember if you're watching, please don't have nightmares!

Heil Hitler!

Happy now, zooo, dear? :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 7 2009, 6:35 PM BST

Happy now, zooo, dear? :)

Who dear, me dear, happy dear, no dear.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Marc P @ September 7 2009, 9:01 PM BST

What about the photo?

You can just about see the correct spelling of 'eranu' in it. :)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ September 7 2009, 9:06 PM BST

You can just about see the correct spelling of 'eranu' in it. :)

But not the tasken? :)

Quote: Marc P @ September 7 2009, 9:09 PM BST

But not the tasken? :)

It's German for 'typo'. :D

Quote: Marc P @ September 7 2009, 9:01 PM BST

Or he just f**king likes it, back as it was - and who gives a shit. Money making exercise??????? Green glasses there? The most deconstructionalist panel show as an excuse for just being pissing about and being funny and you are deconstructing it!?

I give a shit Marc as my license fee is going towards making it. A re-hash of an old panel game also denies newer talent from coming in and establishing it's own following.

Yes, I am deconstructing it and as a viewer and a member of the BCG forum, analyzing comedy is kind of de rigueur on this site.

I am voicing an opinion that the new series of Shooting Stars in not ground breaking in any way and I'm disappointed.

I could just write f**k and leave it at that. But I'm not as intelligent or erudite as your good self. ;)

[quote name="Renegade Carpark" post="491569" date="September 7 2009, 10:19 PM BST"]I give a shit Marc as my license fee is going towards making it.[/link]

Ah yes. What percentage do you think?

'A re-hash of an old panel game also denies newer talent from coming in and establishing it's own following.'

Ah yes. New talent. Loads of that about.

'Yes, I am deconstructing it and as a viewer and a member of the BCG forum, analyzing comedy is kind of de rigueur on this site.'

You are not analysing it in any kind of intelligent way you are just moaning about it being back in it's original sucessful form which people are enjoying, more fool them.

'I am voicing an opinion that the new series of Shooting Stars in not ground breaking in any way and I'm disappointed.'

Yeah a returning series is not ground breaking in any way! Odd that.

'I could just write f**k and leave it at that. But I'm not as intelligent or erudite as your good self. ;)'

Yeah you could but wouldn't that be a bit personal?

It does simply seem to work and it has always been a ratings winner. I suppose why tinker with it if it isn't broke, but I'm a tad surprised they didn't have any new items in the first show back. They could have easily made something just as stupid up but I presume the producers said no...who knows, but I spose why change it for the sake of it? It's just a silly good laugh for watching when you're drunk, and neither Reeves or Mortimer are very good at doing anything else...I think they have just perfected doing this great show, and I think that's about their limit, so why not just keep doing it?

Quote: Marc P @ September 7 2009, 10:56 PM BST

You are not analysing it in any kind of intelligent way you are just moaning about it being back in it's original sucessful form which people are enjoying, more fool them.

Yeah you could but wouldn't that be a bit personal?

Come along now Marc, I've gone into great detail why I like and dislike the latest series of Shooting Stars. If you found my reasoning to be just moaning and not an intelligent analysis, then that is your prerogative.

My 'dig' about just saying f**k was a repost to your expletive laden post in which you angrily display disgust that there are people critical of the new series and it's lack of imagination, ambition and originality. It was not intended as a personal slight.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ September 7 2009, 11:00 PM BST

neither Reeves or Mortimer are very good at doing anything else...I think they have just perfected doing this great show, and I think that's about their limit, so why not just keep doing it?

I think what some people are bothered about (myself included) is that they have done better shows and it would be great to see them do similar type stuff again.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ September 7 2009, 11:14 PM BST

I think what some people are bothered about (myself included) is that they have done better shows and it would be great to see them do similar type stuff again.

+1

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 7 2009, 11:12 PM BST

Come along now Marc, I've gone into great detail why I like and dislike the latest series of Shooting Stars. If you found my reasoning to be just moaning and not an intelligent analysis, then that is your prerogative.

My 'dig' about just saying f**k was a repost to your expletive laden post in which you angrily display disgust that there are people critical of the new series and it's lack of imagination, ambition and originality. It was not intended as a personal slight.

Ok I'll say no more, ish, if I have been expletive laden before.. I bet it was wild.

But they are prety good aren't they? I mean really! Point a camera at me and you and say make funny and you might do alright but I'd just look handsome. :)