That Mitchell & Webb Sound - Series 4 Page 2

Oh, congrats, Matthew, well done. Just cooking up sketches for the next TV series at the moment. :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 20 2009, 11:26 AM BST

Oh, congrats, Matthew, well done. Just cooking up sketches for the next TV series at the moment. :)

Thanks. I'm planning on trying my arm at the next TV run too. :)

Well Done Matthew, good luck Tim.

Have either of you managed to get any sketches on the show previously?

Not me, I've spent the last year concentrating on sitcom mainly. The shows I've written sketches for unfortunately are yet to be commissioned. :(

Me neither, this is the first time the duo have performed any of my stuff.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 20 2009, 1:09 PM BST

Me neither, this is the first time the duo have performed any of my stuff.

Well done Matthew. Do you mind saying which sketch/es are yours? Without giving the jokes away obviously.

I was at the same recording as Steve Wave and really enjoyed it. I preferred it to their TV show although I also preferred their recent TV series to the one before that. Basically what I'm saying is I don't like Numberwang!

And good luck to you and Tim for future commissions.

Jx

Quote: Jane P @ August 20 2009, 1:24 PM BST

Well done Matthew. Do you mind saying which sketch/es are yours? Without giving the jokes away obviously.

I know there's a zombie one, and one with weathermen in the first two episodes. The other episodes aren't locked yet.

Excellent - I'll listen out for them.

Did you get to go to any recordings/ rehearsals?

Quote: Jane P @ August 20 2009, 1:40 PM BST

Did you get to go to any recordings/ rehearsals?

I unfortunately wasn't able to attend the recording, though the very idea of being their makes me sweaty. I would have had to close my eyes and hold my hands over my ears during my bits. I need help.

Just listened to episode 1. Very funny!
Your name got read out at the end Matthew, Well Done again.
:D

Looking forward to the rest of the series, a few of us BCGers went to see episode 3 being recorded, so I'm hoping I laughed at all the wrong moments so that I can hear myself. :D

That was great. About 80% hit rate in terms of out-loud laughter here.

And the zombie skit was top idea Matthew, nice one :D

I don't usually do radio comedy, but I've had a listen and it was very good.

Congrats Mr Stott.

I thought the show was very good, better than the current TV series imo. I hadn't realised there were writers from here contributing, and so my enjoyment of those sketches hadn't been influenced by any bias. Well done indeed! And some enviably impressive company to be keeping, too.

Enjoyable stuff. Nothing outstanding, but nice nonetheless.

Loved the Top Cat sketch last night (or should that have been Boss Cat).