We Are Klang Page 12

It has great energy and the constant corpsing just adds to that. It is very silly, but no different to anything else like, Harry Hill at its silliest.

(Couldn't find a shark puppet picture)

Except Harry Hill manages to be funny with it. Perhaps because he's not attempting to convince people that it's a sitcom?

Quote: Aaron @ August 12 2009, 2:28 PM BST

Except Harry Hill manages to be funny with it. Perhaps because he's not attempting to convince people that it's a sitcom?

What do you mean by "convince"? I think it's pretty obvious they never intended a Yes Minister style sitcom. What is a sitcom? (Rhetorical)

Even the trailer stated: They were given a sitcom, but they broke it.

If stuff like this was instantly brushed off the telly then nothing would ever get a chance. It's on BBC Three, on Thursdays. It's not hurting anything being there :P I'm much rather watch this than, Young, Dumb and Living Off Mum or F**k Off! I Like To Swear or whatever their silly "documentaries" are called.

Besides, it is comedy, embrace it. The more comedy on TV, the better. I'll even put up with Gavin & Stacey if it means more scheduling room for the next big hits.

Quote: Leevil @ August 12 2009, 2:35 PM BST

What do you mean by "convince"?

I mean that it feels like they've stuck in the (very little) narrative as an after thought, as if they'd written a sketch series and then told that it had to be a sitcom, so made a few adaptions.

Something like that.

I'd rather see Two Pints repeats, TBH.

Quote: Aaron @ August 12 2009, 2:55 PM BST

I mean that it feels like they've stuck in the (very little) narrative as an after thought, as if they'd written a sketch series and then told that it had to be a sitcom, so made a few adaptions.

I think they wrote it around their live show, it's part of their act. Plus, I don't think their hiding this one bit. And this is why I think it is so great.

It reminds me of your objections to Flight of The Conchords. "It would be better without the songs". If they did it without the songs, it wouldn't be Flight of The Conchords.

The same applies for Mighty Boosh, I'm not really a fan, but my favourite bits are the little chats between the two main guys, which is obviously taken straight from the live act and it works brilliantly and makes them what they are.

If Harry Hill were to do his random one-liners for the full show I'm sure we'd tire of that too but it's mixed up with great observations, sketches, clips etc. So it's part of a variety of things to keep you laughing.

WAK seemed to be pretty much one full show of silliness, but it seems some people do like it so good luck to them.

One liners, visual jokes, crazy EXT. shots, songs, clips, audience participation. Am I talking about W.A.K or Harry Hill?

Quote: Leevil @ August 12 2009, 3:00 PM BST

I think they wrote it around their live show, it's part of their act. Plus, I don't think their hiding this one bit. And this is why I think it is so great.

It reminds me of your objections to Flight of The Conchords. "It would be better without the songs". If they did it without the songs, it wouldn't be Flight of The Conchords.

Yeah, it would be a funny show then!

Anyway, I think that We Are Klang is the biggest turd to have been broadcast as a 'comedy' this year. An unfunny patchwork of directionless peculiarities and offputting audience interaction interrupting the sparse narrative.

You, on the other hand, enjoy that.

Quote: Aaron @ August 12 2009, 4:13 PM BST

An unfunny patchwork of directionless peculiarities and offputting audience interaction interrupting the sparse narrative.

You, on the other hand, enjoy that.

Actually, I think he enjoys the funny bits.

Quote: Leevil @ August 12 2009, 4:04 PM BST

One liners, visual jokes, crazy EXT. shots, songs, clips, audience participation. Am I talking about W.A.K or Harry Hill?

Depends if you're also going to include the pretence of a narrative or of a silly mish-mash topical show where that kind of thing is at home.

Quote: NoggetFred @ August 12 2009, 4:18 PM BST

Actually, I think he enjoys the funny bits.

He must have been watching Blackadder repeats on G.O.L.D. by accident then.

Quote: Aaron @ August 12 2009, 4:28 PM BST

He must have been watching Blackadder repeats on G.O.L.D. by accident then.

Klang-esque in your randomness there, Aaron. :D

Quote: Leevil @ August 12 2009, 4:04 PM BST

Like Aaron said, one's random and one's on a narrative that might get tiresome

And what I'm saying is it wouldn't be Klang if it wasn't done in this style. If you or anyone doesn't like it, fair enough. I don't think they're doing anything wrong, if anything it's fresh to see a breakaway from the recent trend in sitcoms lately.

I have to say, if this TV series was twice as good it would still be f**king SHIT!!!!! It's so bad it makes me angry, my mate asked me to watch the 1st two, and said stick with it, I couldn't finish the 2nd episode.

There is a big difference between being stupid and being funny, stupid voices and dribbling is what my little brother does, not grown men!!!

And stop milking the "he looks like a fat Rik Mayall joke" made me smile 1st time I heard it, but mentioning it every chance you get, including your on stage stuff that my mate saw! Awful! If a joke is worth telling, it's worth ripping the arse out of it and doing it 50 times. Like Little Britain ended up doing, but that show had funny bits in it.

We are Klang?

We are C*nts!

From what I can see / have seen it's very much a 21st Century Bottom. Anything goes, which could either mean wild creativity or rank desperation.