What are you listening to now? Page 649

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 20 2009, 5:21 PM BST

(Drawing) Rings Around The World - Super Furry Animals

<3

Quote: AndreaLynne @ July 20 2009, 5:45 PM BST

I am a massive Monkees, fan. Always have been, always will be. Head had such a great soundtrack. "As We Go Along" is actually one of my most favourite songs ever! I used to play that disc during my college DJ days. And every week, I'd get more and more requests, to the point where I started the show with Circle Sky (the superior live version) and ended with As We Go Along.

Me too, I have all the series, Head and 33 1/3 Revolutions Per Monkee. And all the albums, unreleased cds etc. :)

The movie versions of the songs are much better than the actual soundtrack versions. You're right, the live version of Circle Sky is far better. :) Before they released the CD again I'd actually recorded the soundtrack from the film, complete with police sirens etc. :D Geek

I was lucky enough to see them on a reunion tour (without Nesmith) a few (loads actually) years ago. It was fantastic. :D

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ July 20 2009, 5:55 PM BST

<3

:)

I saw them twice in '86-'87 and at the second show we were spitting distance from the stage. Same here, I have all the albums and a bunch of Nesmith's solo stuff. It was the best TV show, very quotable.

That may have been the same tour. :D

Sponsored by Chunky candy bars????

Crunchie here I think, so probably. :D

*listens to As We Go Along* :D

Listening to the Captain Crocodile episode as I type

KRETCH!!!!!

:D

I've got I Don't Think You Know Me on now, then I'm off home. :D

I mentioned these guys a couple of months ago, but nobody else had heard of them. Here's the proof that they really existed: The New Monkees theme song

*smashes brain with hammer until it forgets seeing that*

Billionaires by Your Twenties.

Oh - and the new song by Muse is so much like Queen it hurts!

Justified and ancient by the KLF and Tammy Wynette. A wonderful record.

"They're justified and they're ancient and they drive an ice cream van".

What profound lyrics!

Incidentally I've got all the Monkees bubble gum cards released at the height of their fame.

Quote: Chappers @ July 21 2009, 12:59 AM BST

Justified and ancient by the KLF and Tammy Wynette. A wonderful record.

"They're justified and they're ancient and they drive an ice cream van".

What profound lyrics!

They were indeed. Almost as profound as when they burnt a million quid.

Beach Boys - Pet Sounds.

Hank Williams - The Absolutely Essential Collection
(He sure loves the word 'Lonesome')