Serious Debate Only please! Page 2

Quote: Aaron @ August 15, 2007, 2:45 PM

The tubes! They changed them. They're all hexagony now, not cylindrical. Sacrilege, I tells ya!

He should have gone to specsavers Laughing out loud

I'm sorry Aaron, I... I... I didn't know.

*sigh*

Wait a minute... does this mean they've used MORE cardboard in the packaging? And there was I, thinking that companies only made changes to save money...

Don't worry Darren, the cardboard is of a much more inferior quality that effects the freshness of the product. If I know Nestle they're probably ripping off some small country who make them, or getting babies to put the smarties in the nice colourful tube.

Edit - Alledgely

*The views of Ginger Jesus are not the views held by BSG even if they do happen to think he's right*

Quote: Ginger Jesus @ August 15, 2007, 3:53 PM

Don't worry Dave, the cardboard is of a much more inferior quality that effects the freshness of the product. If I know Nestle they're probably ripping off some small country who make them, or getting babies to put the smarties in the nice colourful tube.

Edit - Alledgely

Yeah... that would make sense. Phew... I was worried for a minute there!

EDIT - Who's 'Dave'? ;)

Taken from wikipedia

"Smarties are oblate spheroids with a minor axis of about 5 mm (0.2 in) and a major axis of about 15 mm (0.6 in). They come in eight colours: red, orange, yellow, green, mauve (or purple), pink and brown in the UK. In Canada and Australia, blue smarties are included. In the UK, orange smarties contain orange flavoured chocolate"

Quote: Darren Goldsmith @ August 15, 2007, 3:57 PM

EDIT - Who's 'Dave'? ;)

:O

Why Darren, I truely have no idea what you're on about.

>_<

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ August 15, 2007, 4:02 PM

Taken from wikipedia

"Smarties are oblate spheroids with a minor axis of about 5 mm (0.2 in) and a major axis of about 15 mm (0.6 in). They come in eight colours: red, orange, yellow, green, mauve (or purple), pink and brown in the UK. In Canada and Australia, blue smarties are included. In the UK, orange smarties contain orange flavoured chocolate"

I wonder why we don't get blue coloured Smarties here?

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ August 15, 2007, 4:02 PM

Taken from wikipedia

Thanks for the update Rubymae, but I don't whether I can trust the source. Haven't blue Smarties become a permenant fixture in the UK also, after the highly successfull blue smarties campaign many moons ago.

Quote: Ginger Jesus @ August 15, 2007, 4:02 PM

[quote name="Darren Goldsmith" post="43110" date="August 15, 2007, 3:57 PM"
EDIT - Who's 'Dave'? ;)

:O

Why Darren, I truely have no idea what you're on about.

>_<

Tee hee! :P

I think people should say 'tee hee' more often.

I know they are orange. I'm the candy expert lol!

Seriously though, in the old days when they first came out, some of the smarties were all different. For example, brown ones were coffee and red was plain! The orange one are the only ones now that were not changed. The wikipedia quote is also taken from nestles official site. I hope this helps!

You're a star!

But can eating tuna give you mercury poisoning if you eat too much?

I think thats bollocks.

Eating 300 orange Smarties makes your piss taste like Japanese miso soup. I read it on Wikipedia so it must be true.

What kind of messed-up child ate 300 orange smarties and then washed them down with his or her own urine? Kids these days! Never happened in my day I tells ya.