Baby Cow 3: Mini update

Hello everyone,

Just to let you know what's happening on the baby cow front.

John Hill emailed me today for the third time, saying that he enjoyed my updated script, and was handing it around the office. He was chasing up other people's opinions.

Anyone know what happens from here?

Quick question. When did you send your's off? Or how long did it take to get a reply?

Good luck, by the way. I guess you just have to wait.

Quote: Sam Caine @ August 9, 2007, 8:17 PM

Anyone know what happens from here?

You shit yourself until he emails you again, your mood wildly swinging between ecstatic and terrified.

I first emailed John around may/march, he emailed back in june. The second time he emailed me was about a fortnight after that, and I've been waiting on a reply since then until today.

Quote: Sam Caine @ August 9, 2007, 8:35 PM

I first emailed John around may/march, he emailed back in june. The second time he emailed me was about a fortnight after that, and I've been waiting on a reply since then until today.

That is wicked. If they like it they'll try and get it commissioned by a broadcaster. Until then, I guess just wait and keep writing other stuff!

Well done on making this far! How many scripts have you sent to Baby Cow? Are they all of the same episode?

Well done for getting this far Sam. Can I ask, what did you originally send to them? Was it just the first 10 pages of your script? Or did you also include a cover letter, synopsis, treatment?

That's what it says on their website.

Well done Sam and good luck:D

I sent my ten pages, then he requested the entire script and synopses. This is the first script I have sent off to a production company at all.

Wicked nice one Sam. Hope it works out man.

Thank you.

Quote: Sam Caine @ August 10, 2007, 9:52 PM

I sent my ten pages, then he requested the entire script and synopses. This is the first script I have sent off to a production company at all.

Just curious:
Can you briefly tell us how you wrote it? Like, did you write a story and outline first and then fill in the blanks? Or did you start at page one and ride the wind to see where you ended up?

Did you time your dialogue?

Did you break any known rules?

Congrats. now everyone in the office will be familiar with your work!! Always good for future projects. But obviously, good luck on this one first!!

That's great news Sam. Keep us updated with how it is going as this is pretty unchartered territory for most of us and we're all delighted.

Hopefully you'll get the commission or at least some projects with Baby Cow. Don't do any salary negotiations without an agent, Baby Cow should be able to recommend a independent one.

Good luck!