Nerd News Page 24

15-20mins maybe.

Sounds about right.

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 20 2009, 7:42 PM BST

Please no!!!

Fox To Reboot Alien

Why is Fox rebooting one of the most successful franchises in movie history? Because of money, and the need to return to the "single alien on a ship" plotline...

Fox feels that the idea of having a bunch of Aliens on screen does not work. So Fox is going back to the one "Alien on a ship" idea we all saw in the first installment Alien. This one Alien picked off the stubborn somewhat snobby crew until only Ripley was alive and available to kick that Alien's acid dripping jabroni jiving simple arse.

What? What did you say? It doesn't matter what you said! When heavy hitters like Michael Costigan, Ridley Scott and even Tony Scott are on board to produce and have asked Carl Rinsch to get above the camera and bring a new Ripley to the silver screen, it would seem that the powers that be have their minds made up on what direction this updated version of Alien will go. Its almost hard to call this a reboot, simply because we saw this idea in Alien. That's what the trades are calling it but I am way more comfortable with calling this a remake.

Wondering who Carl Rinsch is? Me too, I found out that he is commercial/music video director and does work for Scott Free Productions, who is also producing the remake.

Not sure how commercial and music videos relate to one of the most horrifying space story's of all time but hey, its all about who ya know in this business.

I guess the next question is "Who will make a good Ripley?"

Carl Rinsch? Who the heck is that?
Aliens vs Predator series didn't work because it was made about the alien and not about a character. Predator and Aliens were awesome because Dutch and Ripley were great characters.

If they do this I hope they stick to a horror/sci-fi style with a strong heroin.

I wanted to be a nerd at school, instead I had to be one of the lads that played sports. Yuk!

Alien remake? Idiots. What next? A Blade Runner re-imagining?? How long before Terminator goes back to basics and has another go at making the first installment?? Or Back To The Future starring Shia La-dicking-Beouf?!?!!GAHH!!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 29 2009, 10:02 AM BST

How long before Terminator goes back to basics and has another go at making the first installment??

Probably not long seeing the review Curt gave the new one.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 29 2009, 10:02 AM BST

Or Back To The Future starring Shia La-dicking-Beouf?!?!!GAHH!!

Or the kiddie from High School Musical/17 Again.

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 29 2009, 10:05 AM BST

Double-Gahh!!

The thing is, it's probably going to happen at some point, isn't it? That shall be a sad day.

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 29 2009, 10:05 AM BST

Zac Effron. He's dreamy. Lovey

They are reebooting Predator as well

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 29 2009, 10:06 AM BST

The thing is, it's probably going to happen at some point, isn't it? That shall be a sad day.

Does it ultimately matter if they remake and reboot everything? The Planet of the Apes rejig was pretty dire but it hasn't affected my enjoyment of the first film.

Quote: Gavin @ May 29 2009, 10:10 AM BST

They are reebooting Predator as well

And Robocop, with the guy who directed The Westler, I think.

Quote: chipolata @ May 29 2009, 10:11 AM BST

Does it ultimately matter if they remake and reboot everything? The Planet of the Apes rejig was pretty dire but it hasn't affected my enjoyment of the first film.

And Robocop, with the guy who directed The Westler, I think.

Oh God.

Quote: Gavin @ May 29 2009, 10:12 AM BST

Oh God.

You say that, but I'd quite like to see a gone-to-seed Robocop played by Mickey Rourke attending comic conventions.