Nerd News Page 22

I watched Dragonball Evolution last night. Ok here I go my attempt at a review.

I didn't hate it. Granted I didn't really like it either, it just is.

Mostly it's a confused mess no quite sure how true to stay to the source of how contemporary to go, for example Master Roshi's place. Quite clever. But, could of easily been how it should of been. Also the capsules where quite clever.

It essentially fails because it isn't either thing. Not a retelling in modern day nor a faithful adaption.

Ignoring the mistakes in the plot and the completely wooden acting except for Yun-Fat Chow who is quite good, the effects were average at best other people have done Dragonball fights alot better.

So Overall. Brainless, Effects were Bland and plot holes so big they could fit Shenlong though ;) Oh Emma Rossum was fit. But not totally unwatchable. End.

Quote: Gavin @ May 5 2009, 9:54 AM BST

So Overall. Brainless, Effects were Bland and plot holes so big they could fit Shenlong though ;) Oh Emma Rossum was fit. But not totally unwatchable. End.

Agreed. :D

Quote: Gavin @ May 5 2009, 9:54 AM BST

the completely wooden acting except for Yun-Fat Chow who is quite good

Agreed also.

Next: Wolverine: Origins ;)

Quote: Gavin @ May 5 2009, 1:19 PM BST

Next: Wolverine: Origins ;)

Ok. Wolverine.

It's a alright revenge movie. Which decends into a run of the mill super hero flick.

Best thing about this film Hugh Jackman is Wolverine. Perfect for the part honestly only reason I carried on watching at points. Liev Schreiber is a great Saber tooth. But why they make him run like a man cat is ridiculous, andthat's not me being precious I accepted they are brother and all of that rubbish.

Next the plot not a strict adaption which I suppose would be fine, but it kind of looses what it wants to do and say towards the end. There are alot of Mutants in this movie lol none get any real screen time I can barely even remember some of them.

Wrap up.
FX great, Jackman & Liev great, Plot Meh. But it's a decent enough flick for a watch and I want to see more Wolverine just coz he is so darn cool :D

He IS damn cool. I want to see it!!

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 5 2009, 1:56 PM BST

He IS damn cool. I want to see it!!

It's worth a watch it's not Batman Begins though :)

I can handle that. :)

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 5 2009, 2:08 PM BST

I can handle that. :)

To be fair Batman Begins really only has rewatchable factor of a couple of times. After that it's a bit dull.

True, I've only watch my BluRay (La De Da!) copy once.

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 5 2009, 3:37 PM BST

True, I've only watch my BluRay (La De Da!) copy once.

Oh get you and your fancy pants.

Transformers and Iron Man do look great in BluRay though. :P

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 5 2009, 3:42 PM BST

Transformers and Iron Man do look great in BluRay though. :P

Yeh Yeh shove it out your blow hole ;)

I enjoyed Iron Man, mostly because Downey Jr kicks ass as Tony Stark (wonder why?). Fun romp, brilliantly done.

Quote: Gavin @ May 5 2009, 6:08 PM BST

Yeh Yeh shove it out your blow hole ;)

:O :D Forbidden Kingdom looks nice too. :P

Quote: Balf @ May 5 2009, 6:22 PM BST

I enjoyed Iron Man, mostly because Downey Jr kicks ass as Tony Stark (wonder why?). Fun romp, brilliantly done.

It was good didn't you find the other Iron man a bit urgh here we go. The film was great until that fight.