Reginald Perrin DVDs

This is a long shot but does anyone have any idea what the new "Rise and Fall of Reginald Perrin" DVD will contain? It seems bizarre that they are releasing a DVD with that title and hopefully it will be more than a simple re-release of the first 3 series.

Not a clue. Could just be a typo. They're re-releasing a lot at the moment. Bloody Playback!

Great at first but should've stopped after a MAX of 2 series. Became the rise and fall and rise and fall and...

Ladies and gentletoads!

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/-/26/55/-/3335492/The-Rise-And-Fall-Of-Reginald-Perrin-The-Complete-Collection/Product.html]
[h=951635]

In this classic BBC comedy, Reginald Perrin (Leonard Rossiter), an executive at Sunshine Desserts, makes his escape from the rat race by faking his own death and attempting to start his life over. Reggie finds employment on a pig farm and then attempts to start his own business, by selling absolutely rubbish products. But the business is a brilliant success. Aaaargh. The entire story of Reggie and his mad, irritating family and strange collection of oddball colleagues who constantly make his midlife crisis even more of a crisis.

As well as all three original series, this new collection brings to DVD - for the first time ever in any format - The Legacy Of Reginald Perrin, the 1996 sequel series.

Extras include a Comedy Connections episode looking at the series, and a sketch from The Funny Side Of Christmas.

That looks like a box-set I may well get my hands on, I've got series 1 on video, series 2 on DVD and don't own series 3. I've got all the books though. But if that box-set ever gets down to say the £15, I'll give it a go.
Also, soon to be released on DVD this year is the sitcom, that has bad idea written all over it, that will come to our screens soon starring Martin Clunes as Reginald Perrin.

Yup: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/perrin/buy/

And that set is only £17.99 now, Jack. Does the £2.99 matter that much? I can only imagine it'll go up, with the undoubted interest after the new series.

Quote: Aaron @ March 14 2009, 12:50 AM BST

As well as all three original series, this new collection brings to DVD - for the first time ever in any format - The Legacy Of Reginald Perrin, the 1996 sequel series.

I already have the original DVD boxset but very much want the DVD of The Legacy Of Reginald Perrin[/C]. I haven't checked yet but I hope they sell it on its own too.

Def.

Highly unlikely, IMO. And to be blunt, you'd be pushed to find it much chepaer than the whole new box set. Get your current copy on eBay/charity shop/uninitiated foolish relative and buy yourself the new one.

I've just been reading elsewhere that there are a few trims made to some season 1 episodes in the new DVD box set, which were intact in the previous box set, so it might be worth holding on to the latter! Anyone got any further info?

Really? How very, very annoying. And angering. And suchforth. It should be illegal to change shows from their original broadcast state.

Quote: Bad dog @ May 1 2009, 5:53 PM BST

I've just been reading elsewhere that there are a few trims made to some season 1 episodes in the new DVD box set, which were intact in the previous box set, so it might be worth holding on to the latter! Anyone got any further info?

Yes, episodes 4 to 7 of Series One appear to be edited. One of them has 2m 30s missing.

I contacted 2 Entertain and there won't be a reissue.

Any reason why? :(

It sounds like laziness, they've apparently used broadcast copies that they had knocking around, which have slight trims to make sure they fit the timeslots they were broadcast in! Similar to the Steptoe & Son Christmas special that was released in a shorter version than normal.

! Bastards!

Is The Legacy Of Reginald Perrin worth buying the boxset for or should I stick with the copy I've got?