Eastbound & Down

Anyone else seen this new HBO comedy starring Danny McBride, from Pineapple Express, as a washed up, crazy baseball pitcher? It won't be to everyones taste, but I think it's brilliant. Don't know if it will actually see the light of day over here, but there are places you can *cough cough* find to watch it.

I saw the first episode and laughed quite a few times, especially with the bit with "Black Betty." Also, I don't mind swearing but sometimes it felt like they were doing it just for the sake of it.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ March 11 2009, 2:00 PM GMT

I saw the first episode and laughed quite a few times, especially with the bit with "Black Betty." Also, I don't mind swearing but sometimes it felt like they were doing it just for the sake of it.

Aw, but he's supposed to be a big, sweary fool.

Dare say it'll end up on FX or similar.

Talking of HBO, I see BBC2 are going to run The Wire. Not too far behind the game, then!

A little too much of the main character I find. I think the show could be better with a wider cast.
Overall funny show though.

I'm still on the fence about EB&D, but I'm a big fan of The Wire. I miss that show very much.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ March 11 2009, 2:08 PM GMT

Talking of HBO, I see BBC2 are going to run The Wire. Not too far behind the game, then!

For some reason I'm really excited about this. I mean, I've seen every episode and everything and I'm a HUGE fan - maybe it's because MORE people will watch it now.

Quote: shaggy292 @ March 12 2009, 3:25 PM GMT

For some reason I'm really excited about this. I mean, I've seen every episode and everything and I'm a HUGE fan - maybe it's because MORE people will watch it now.

It's a pity the Beeb didn't have the foresight to buy it in the first place. It's the kind of thing Channel 4 would probably have picked up on, before they lent their entire schedule to Big Brother.

Although I note Channel 4 have bought the terrestrial rights to Generation Kill. Hopefully, they'll treat it decently, seeing as it's only seven episodes long. I think I'm still more inclined to buy the DVD though. 'The Corner' is also due soon on DVD, thankfully.

I haven't seen this show yet, but I really want to. It's produced by Will Ferrell and everything he touches turns to comedy gold in my opinion. I'd say this will air in the UK due to Will Ferrell's connections if nothing else.

Quote: earman2009 @ March 12 2009, 8:48 PM GMT

I haven't seen this show yet, but I really want to. It's produced by Will Ferrell and everything he touches turns to comedy gold in my opinion. I'd say this will air in the UK due to Will Ferrell's connections if nothing else.

He has so far appeared in one episode too. As I say, this show won't be to everyone's taste, and it isn't a gag-a-thon or anything, it's quite low key a lot of the time, but I'm really enjoying it as it really builds and grows on you the more you watch. Best new comedy of this year so far for me. Yeah, I know that isn't saying a whole lot, but still.

Quote: earman2009 @ March 12 2009, 8:48 PM GMT

It's produced by Will Ferrell and everything he touches turns to comedy gold in my opinion.

You obviously haven't seen Step Brothers then. Good for you.

"Honey I love you, I think you're a terrific girl. But you have clothes like a f**kin' dickhead."

Really enjoying this show.

Quote: brent @ March 13 2009, 2:10 AM GMT

"Honey I love you, I think you're a terrific girl. But you have clothes like a f**kin' dickhead."

Laughing out loud

Quote: David Bussell @ March 12 2009, 9:48 PM GMT

You obviously haven't seen Step Brothers then. Good for you.

I have seen the comedy gold that is Step Brothers. It's hilarious! The second funniest movie Will has ever made behind Anchorman.

Quote: earman2009 @ March 13 2009, 11:44 AM GMT

I have seen the comedy gold that is Step Brothers. It's hilarious! The second funniest movie Will has ever made behind Anchorman.

You, sir, are crazed. I love Will Ferrell but I couldn't even finish that one.