Moving Wallpaper - Series 2 Page 2

Good start to the series. Love to see Pope back on form, and Nancy as warm as ever. Only six episodes this series though. :(

I enjoyed it from the parts I saw.

I laughed out loud at the line "because it was shit and nobody watched it." In reference to why Echo Beach was cancelled.

Six episodes? Eh? Oh well, maybe it's for the best. Leave us wanting more. ;)
Enjoyed the first episode and it's sure to get even better now the main story's established. Also found the line about Echo Beach hilarious. :D

Yeah, really enjoyed the first episode. The death scene was very Alan Partridge but other than that excellent stuff.

Quote: Rustle T Davis @ February 27 2009, 11:08 PM GMT

Six episodes? Eh?

What, like every other sitcom??

I missed this, so must seek it out online.

Very strong opening episode to the new series I thought. Great plot and good lines. It's got a good future ahead of it.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 28 2009, 1:23 AM GMT

What, like every other sitcom??

Series 1 had 12 episodes.

Loved it. :D

Ben Miller is just awesome :$ Him and Rob Brydon on QI= Laughing out loud

but that's another thread... ;)

If I'm going to be all analytical it must be said that a lot of the women office characters are pretty samey but nontheless the men characters are all strong.

A very strong comeback, I enjoyed it. The heart attack scene was very funny. There are shades of Brent and Partridge in Pope. :)

How sexy is Raquel Cassidy in this? Mmm-mm!

Quote: Aaron @ February 28 2009, 2:38 PM GMT

Series 1 had 12 episodes.

I am aware, but that was only because of the show it was attached to at the time; which it no longer is.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 3 2009, 4:47 PM GMT

I am aware, but that was only because of the show it was attached to at the time; which it no longer is.

What!? You mean there is no Renaissance???!

You may have missed Friday's episode of M/Wallpaper due to the Beeb's Red Nose Day output (unless you managed to pre-recorded it), but every episode of this Renaissance series has been hugely entertaining, the latest episode continuing to maintain the fun quota.

What has come as a complete revelation to me is the sheer unadulterated acting ability of Kelly Brook. Recently the blogs have been sticking it to her for getting fired from Simon Cowell's talent shows, with many saying the only talent she's got is out in front of her. That was my opinion of her too, with many relating to how wooden her acting appears, with many going on to cite her poor 'wooden' presentation skills all those years ago on The Big Breakfast. That 'wooden' tag has stuck ever since.

But krrrisst, has this girl learnt to act! I recorded last night's episode so replayed after enjoying the show, just to make sure I wasn't swayed by her obvious assets. And she is G-O-O-D. She's not just a pretty face - she can act!

And yes, I do realise the character she's been called upon to portray is none other than herself - but she performs convincingly.

Bit annoyed now - that means I can't enjoy looking at her er . . . 'assets' as you get subsumed by the character she portrays so convincingly that you forget why you really want to watch her
- oh bugger, bugger, bugger!

P.S. Raquel Cassidy gets sexier, and sexier, episode by episode. You'd never have guessed if you'd only ever seen her in Lead Balloon or Party Animals.

Sorry, what were you saying Danny? I was busy looking at her ti . . . perfume. Ahem.

Raquel Cassidy - and the way the storyline's going - will her character lose it big time and end up shagging producer Ben Miller in a drunken stupor?