FM Page 3

Eurrrgh The Wombats.

Justin Hawkins' brief appearance at the start did make me laugh a bit. Just because I was like "wtf is he doing on this?"

Yes! That was rather odd. I want him to be on it again.

Enjoyed this! It had a nice feel to it.

I liked it a lot. O'Dowd in the club was laugh out loud hilarious.

Quote: ADuck @ February 4 2009, 12:26 PM GMT

Has anyone seen anything of FM, the local radio station sitcom that ITV2 are trailering?

I say trailering, theres a few tiny clips of it in that really annoying montage advertthat's on every adbreak.

Having endured years of working in a radio station I'm hoping for funny stuff. As for the DJ side of things I think the Big Train sketch where Simon Pegg's DJ has a room of young children writing gags for him sums it all up!

Well that's ironic. I totally missed it.

I feel like a foolish fool!

:S

You can watch it online on ITV's version of iPlayer.

Quote: miss_jaffacake @ February 27 2009, 7:50 PM GMT

You can watch it online on ITV's version of iPlayer.

I saw it now, must've gone mental and assumed that ITV2 wouldn't repeat it to death until next week.

It wasn't bad, could've had a higher joke radio (having worked in such a place for years I know its a rich minefield of comedy)

Why the Guillemots spoke the song instead of singing it was a mystery? they normal rock live?!

Pirate

Quote: chipolata @ February 26 2009, 4:00 PM GMT

A gimmick that has to be adhered to each week would get a bit tiresome in my opinion.

I don't see how that benefits the sitcom at all. It's short enough because it has ad breaks during and after the episode and then a whole song in it too. I thought it was ok otherwise. I'll watch on.

I thought it was pooh, didn't enjoy it at all, but I suppose that's one less DVD I have to fork out for.

I just watched the second episode on ITV's crappy player, and really enjoyed it. Chris O'Dowd was hilarious once again, as was the kid who plays Aids. The Wombats had little screentime but were actually quite funny, especially the bit about the "wig-wam."

Yeah, the second episode was even better. There were some really funny moments.

You're right though, the ITV player is really crap! It always either starts showing the adverts on a loop or won't go onto full screen with me.

I enjoyed the first episode. More than I thought I would anyway. Good characters but O'Dowd (as usual) stands out. I'll keep watching.

BTW for those of you with Virgin Media -- ITV is now on the 'catch-up' stuff. Much better than their useless on-line player and there are no adverts between the shows (yet!). Haven't checked whether FM was actually on there, but Moving Wallpaper was definitely on there last week.

EDIT (Sat AM) -- It is on there, so bosch!

Dan

Watched half an episode on itvplayer, found it a tad shit. Pity, I wanted to like it.

Enjoyed that one very much. :)

Another decent episode - the whole embarrassment comedy 'thing' has been done now though. I think someone last week said that the show is 4 or 5 years too late for its style of humour. I can't disagree.