Politics Page 2

Fine, you can have it. Damn reverse psychology. :/

I'd pay all MPs on results, cancel free travel and freeze expenses for three months. Anybody who still wanted to serve would then be welcome, in my opinion.

I'd change SlagA's pants too.

Quote: ajp29 @ July 19, 2007, 7:53 PM

Yeah I agree they are just as bad as each over except Cameron is Tony Blair mark 2 and everyones falling for it again, don't they listen to the Who?

Or is he just doing what he has to in order to get across to the brain-dead electorate in the current political climate? My guess is a bit of both (but mostly the latter).

Bloody public!

This is the apathy and cynacism in politics is our fault argument. A million people march against the war did Blair listen? No. Did Cameron listen? No. Did Brown listen? No. What other conclusion do they expect us to draw and for the record the public were right and (most of) the politicians were wrong. Doesn't mean i'm in favour of hanging or anything but the politicains are largely to blame in my humble opinion.

Quote: Charlie Adams @ July 19, 2007, 10:19 PM

I'd pay all MPs on results, cancel free travel and freeze expenses for three months. Anybody who still wanted to serve would then be welcome, in my opinion.

I agree.

I read a SF novel by Arthur C Clarke once where the President is not elected but chosen from the electorate at random.

The Liberal Democrats were strongly against the war, so only the two main parties were in the wrong really. However, Labour voted against the war, but Blair bypassed them. The Conservatives were the party that was mostly behind the Iraq invasion. So really, it wasn't most politicians, just the top few, that were wrong.

It wasn't so much the politicians were wrong, more that they were fooled into taking an evidently 90% bollocks ("sexed up") 'dossier' as true. Apart from Blair and his little chums. I reckon that they engineered the whole thing.

Quote: Walker @ July 19, 2007, 8:24 PM

No fair. I've had that joke in my reserves for a long time.

Surely you're both aware that it is a very old joke anyway?
I've seen (and heard) plenty of people do different variations on that joke for years

Everythings an old joke and what we were saying was joking around so yes and yes.

I'd tax the vaginas of wealthy women.

Make the rich c**ts pay.

Oh dear.

I say. let me be Prime Minister. :)

Free sanitary products ladies. Oh & a ban on the adverts for them.

Wooooooooooooaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Bodyform!! Bodyform Youuuuuuuuu!!