Blatant Plagiarism In Pop Music Page 2

Quote: nicholas keegan @ July 9, 2007, 11:10 PM

Paris Hilton can sing? Is there no end to this woman's talents?

Not at all..

Singing, going to parties, ignoring driving bans, drinking, having ill advised sexual intercourse on camera.

In that order.

But why do they have to steal bits to get a hit?

I've just heard something "new" which stole Elvis Costello's Pump it Up. A couple of years ago they (Sugababes?) nicked the whole backing track of Are Friends Electric.

It is just so cynical. Takes these bits out of these songs and they are totally vacuous (good word that eh?)

Its been happening for years our national anthem was originally a song written about a French monarch's recovery from a nasty boyle on his bum.

David I think the SugurB's song took M.E. off Pleasure Principle (or else someone else did that), but that was out too about 2 years back.

Someone stole Are Friends Electric. I know they all say they like it and pat each other on the back but I bet they hate it really - unless they get a massive royalty check.

They didn't steal, they sampled. There's a big difference.

Gary Numan did get alot of money though. ;)

i read somewhere that a red hot chilli peppers song sounds a lot like a tom petty song.

i think it was dani california sounded like mary janes last dance

http://hypem.com/track/118722

Quote: hotzappa11 @ July 11, 2007, 11:00 AM

They didn't steal, they sampled. There's a big difference.

Gary Numan did get alot of money though. ;)

There may be a difference but you're still USING someone else's stuff.

Maybe we should sample lines from different comedy sketches to make "new" jokes.

I would love to have the bollox to steal. I would. I cant do it. Tried once when i was 5. Back in the days of the halfpence chews. I had 6p. That meant I could get 12 sweeties. I filled this paper bag up & up. It looked like a rucksack. I placed it on the counter and said. 6p worth Mr.

He emptied all the contents out. Took about a week for those chews to stop splurting out.
Then he told Mummy and she slapped my leg & made it sore.

Never steal. It is cheating

I tried to steal a packet of chewing gum once, my mate walked right up plucked it off the shelf, with ease. I spent about 20minutes trying it and still didn't managed to.

I cannot steal. I'm the type of person who'll hand in a wallet!

Quote: David Chapman @ July 11, 2007, 2:01 PM

Maybe we should sample lines from different comedy sketches to make "new" jokes.

It's either that or start making up new words. And that's worked so well for Shakespeare in the long run... Errr

Quote: Leevil @ July 11, 2007, 4:03 PM

I tried to steal a packet of chewing gum once, my mate walked right up plucked it off the shelf, with ease. I spent about 20minutes trying it and still didn't managed to.

I cannot steal. I'm the type of person who'll hand in a wallet!

I would hand in a wallet, after spending the money in it. See I would never ever steal. However. If peeps cant look after their shit. I will do it for them.
COMPRHENDE!

I stole a notepad from a shop once. In my defence it did have Butterflies on it. Actually that makes it sound worse Laughing out loud

P.S. If your under 10 then your not criminally liable for any crime so steal away.

P.P.S. Kids don't steal its wrong.

P.P.P.S. Mummy will end up in the slammer.

P.P.P.P.S. Unless you blame Daddy.