BSG Stand-Ups New Act 2009

Just a gentle nudge to remind people if they are in the region of Richmond on the 11th of January I am performing my act for the Laughing Horse New Act of 2009 competition and the following weekend the 18th is the turn of our own Charlie and Daddy Maz, I understand that the competition follows a 'who gets the best reception' format to get through to the next round, so would be good to fill the venue with BSGers to get the some if not all of of us through.

More details found here

Good luck to you all.

Charley Rance is finally performing :O Wow! When did this happen?

They ask you at the door if you know any of the performers, like Sammo just say no and then you can take a voting form.

So who's coming?

I'm in this too actually, in the first heat of the entire competition it seems, meaning that I'll be there to set the bar for everybody else. Of course, it'll only be my 10th gig, so watch you don't actually stub your toe on the bar as you walk over it ;)

How does the audience voting system work then? Is it likely to be the 5 acts that bring the most support that go through from this round then?

Incidentally, does anybody happen to know if any guests I bring have to have booked their tickets in advance on the website, or can they just get them on the door? Any clarification appreciated anyway.

I'd love to hear some of these performances.

I can't make these Sundays, but best of luck to you all!

Love to make it to the gig to watch or even perform!

But I can't too short notice for me plus I have no cash, I hope you all do well - Can't believe Charley has finally decided to have ago!

Echo Mark - best of Luck :)

Quote: Paul W @ January 4 2009, 3:10 PM GMT

But I can't too short notice for me plus I have no cash, I hope you all do well - Can't believe Charley has finally decided to have ago!

This is the one we all talked about us all doing and gave dates in NOVEMBER ;)

Good luck guys

Is anyone going to video it and put it up somewhere?

I might actually make this one. :)

Good luck, all!

Quote: Andy Ward @ January 3 2009, 9:12 PM GMT

Incidentally, does anybody happen to know if any guests I bring have to have booked their tickets in advance on the website, or can they just get them on the door? Any clarification appreciated anyway.

I would.

It depends on the venue you are performing as Soho is tiny, can hold 25 people max I reckon where as Earls Court is much bigger.

Remember that there will be 15 (or so) performers bringing rent-a-mobs down for support so unless they get there really early they may not be any room at the inn.

Where are you on the 10th? And best of luck!

Ah, thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. I'm actually going to be at the Soho venue in the first heat of the competition this Tuesday (the 6th), so it sounds like it would be wise to book in advance if that one is tiny :)

Good luck to everybody else on here too! With any luck (or I'd consider taking an administrative error if all else fails), I'll hopefully get to meet some of you in the next round :)