BSG Stand-Ups New Act 2009 Page 2

Good luck there BSGers. Make videos and we will see them.....right!!!

Andy, come on don't keep us guessing how did you do?

I'm going to the Earls Court one tomorrow to support a mate and check out how they are running this year.

Quote: dannyjb1 @ January 4 2009, 3:43 PM GMT

This is the one we all talked about us all doing and gave dates in NOVEMBER ;)

I have slept since then.

And my bday is the day after so I will be very very drunk/ hungover at that time.

Either way good luck!

Quote: Moonstone @ January 4 2009, 5:58 PM GMT

Is anyone going to video it and put it up somewhere?

Yeah, come on, we demand to see this.

Hello! I was eliminated unfortunately. In all honesty, there was no way I deserved to go through though, I was just quite poor on the night and I'm still experimenting with stuff a fair bit so haven't properly found my voice (or any genuinely brilliant material) yet. No matter, there's always next year though :)

The standard was actually quite high at the gig I was at, and just about all the people who deserved to go through actually did, so I wouldn't worry too much about the audience voting factor. All the judges (they must have selected about 6 or so people out of maybe an audience of 40 at the gig I did) are just given sheets and they mark each act out of 10 after they've been on, then just tot up the scores at the end. It's quite a good way of doing it to be honest, and seemed fair enough, as it nullifies the traditional stand-up competition thought of 'if you're on first, you're as good as out as nobody will remember you'. I mean, it's never going to be perfect, as people may still lie about not knowing an act, thus unbalancing the scores a bit, but with 5 people going through from each heat at this stage, it does seem likely that if you are good enough, you will go through.

Good luck to all the BSG acts who have their heats coming up shortly anyway :) Perhaps I'll see you in it next year!

Wow 40 peeps in that Soho room it must have been heaving, tough luck mate and cheers for the info.

Did one last night and got through.

It was a lovely gig around the back of Piccadilly, jammed with about sixty people. And I didn't know any of them, so don't be too worried about any audience bias factor.

Well done mate indeed.

Just come back from my heat, had a really good gig, loved the venue got a lot of laughs, sadly the judges liked (at least) 5 others better than me (they were ALL top notch it has to be said, definitly some stars of the future).

As you say there is always next year, not put me off by along shot still loving it..

Thanks ro Dave Short for making it down to see me as well.

Good luck to Daddy Maz and Charlie next week and any others giving it a go.

Danny

Daddy Maz got through! :D

Didn't get to meet Charley though :(

Awesome Daddy Maz! Congrats!

Well done Daddy Maz! Good luck for the next round.

I'm through to the quarter final next so 2 more wins would see me into the final (highly unlikely).
I used my exorcist Christening joke that a few of you guys helped me with on here and was probably my biggest laugh.

Thanks for the support