CHRISTMAS! Page 6

Unfortunately (as my wife 'tactfully' puts it) I don't produce too many 'tunes'. I figure that most jazz musicians grab a melody (pretty much any one will do!) stick 3% of it on the front and end of whatever they fancy doing, then fill the other 45 minutes with whatever comes to mind. I've gone for this in a big way ... hence I do a lot of riffy meanderings ... but not too much that most people would recognise. Having said that ... my greatest fans are my sing-a-long dogs ... so I must be doing something right!

Quote: Aaron @ December 22 2008, 6:41 PM GMT

Heh. Jazz solos.

*sniggers*

:D
I'm betting you're the only person in the world to have spotted that!

Quote: losaavedra @ December 22 2008, 6:47 PM GMT

Unfortunately (as my wife 'tactfully' puts it) I don't produce too many 'tunes'. I figure that most jazz musicians grab a melody (pretty much any one will do!) stick 3% of it on the front and end of whatever they fancy doing, then fill the other 45 minutes with whatever comes to mind. I've gone for this in a big way ... hence I do a lot of riffy meanderings ... but not too much that most people would recognise. Having said that ... my greatest fans are my sing-a-long dogs ... so I must be doing something right!

Ha! They're so beautiful you've even got the dogs feeling plaintive then? :D

I bet your wife is over the moon about it, hehe!

Quote: Moonstone @ December 22 2008, 6:47 PM GMT

:D
I'm betting you're the only person in the world to have spotted that!

What's he spotted this time?!? I'm one of the few people in the world who have the Oxford Concise always 18" from my elbow ... one in the porch (where the booze is) one on a shelf next to me now ... and one in my bedside cabinet. What's he found ... I need to know ... I need to know ... aaaaagh!!!!

Quote: losaavedra @ December 22 2008, 6:55 PM GMT

What's he spotted this time?!? I'm one of the few people in the world who have the Oxford Concise always 18" from my elbow ... one in the porch (where the booze is) one on a shelf next to me now ... and one in my bedside cabinet. What's he found ... I need to know ... I need to know ... aaaaagh!!!!

:D No worries! It's not a grammar mistake this time, he's just exploiting the extremely poor link between jazz and jizz! Now you're wishing it was just a grammar mistake :D

Moonstone said:

... well, probably wishes she was. I thought I'd solved the problem by getting her a clarinet ... oh well!

Quote: Moonstone @ December 22 2008, 6:57 PM GMT

:D No worries! It's not a grammar mistake this time, he's just exploiting the extremely poor link between jazz and jizz! Now you're wishing it was just a grammar mistake :D

Well not even that! It just generally sounds like a great euphemism! :D

Quote: losaavedra @ December 22 2008, 6:58 PM GMT

Moonstone said:

... well, probably wishes she was. I thought I'd solved the problem by getting her a clarinet ... oh well!

Yeah, that's perfect! Jamming sessions into the night...

Quote: Aaron @ December 22 2008, 7:01 PM GMT

Well not even that! It just generally sounds like a great euphemism! :D

Hee, a jazz solo for the oboe?

Or just blowing their own trumpet?

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ December 22 2008, 7:06 PM GMT

Or just blowing their own trumpet?

Now that would be impressive, as well as a wee bit gross!

Funny you should mention trumpets ... I got one of those too after 6 months of trying to inflate an alto. Dogs don't like that at all!!

Quote: Moonstone @ December 22 2008, 7:03 PM GMT

Jamming sessions into the night...

Laughing out loud

Quote: Moonstone @ December 22 2008, 7:03 PM GMT

Hee, a jazz solo for the oboe?

Ha!

Lookit!

Woooow! :O

The only thing I've seen this year that's cool about Christmas.

Quote: zooo @ December 22 2008, 7:50 PM GMT

Lookit!

It took me far too long to work out what that was.