British Comedy Awards 2008 Page 6

January ...which year?

Edited by Aaron.

Something has just occured to me. If HIGNFY wins the award for "Best Panel Show", then Ian Hislop and Paul Merton will be on the same stage as Angus Deayton. That will be one uncomfortable reunion.

That would be awesome, HIGNFY won't win though, but the reunion would be most welcome. Would it be very likely that Angus could guest host HIGNFY one day?

Are we all honorary members of the BSG/BCG Awards committee?

Quote: Mike Dan-Carter @ December 5 2008, 10:15 AM GMT

That would be awesome, HIGNFY won't win though, but the reunion would be most welcome. Would it be very likely that Angus could guest host HIGNFY one day?

I would imagine if the show ever finishes, they might bring him back for the last show. Although I get the feeling Merton and Hislop never liked him much.

Quote: Huge Bear @ December 5 2008, 10:23 AM GMT

Are we all honorary members of the BSG/BCG Awards committee?

No.

And I wouldn't bet that both Hislop and Merton will attend anyway.

Really looking forward to seeing the show. Missed it so much last year. It was one of the highlights of my sad little year. The one award show which I have always, in some weird way, really felt a part of. Glad Angus is doing it, but Jonathan should be...

Quote: ContainsNuts @ December 3 2008, 11:57 AM GMT

BEST TV COMEDY ACTOR
Ricky Gervais

BEST TV COMEDY ACTRESS
Sharon Horgan
(Should be Ruth Jones)

BEST COMEDY ENTERTAINMENT PERSONALITY
Harry Hill

BEST NEW TV COMEDY
The Inbetweeners

BEST TV COMEDY
Gavin & Stacey

BEST ENTERTAINMENT SHOW
Harry Hill's TV Burp

BEST LIVE STAND-UP
Michael McIntyre

BEST MALE NEWCOMER
Simon Bird (Inbetweeners)

BEST FEMALE NEWCOMER
Anna Crilly (Lead Balloon)

BEST PANEL SHOW
Have I Got News for You

Looking at the choice of nominations, who the hell knows what the choice of winners will be!

Wouldn't give any of them my nose drippings framed !

;)

'Gavin & Stacey' won. 'Nuff said.

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 6 2008, 11:38 PM GMT

'Gavin & Stacey' won. 'Nuff said.

Yep, it's a pretty great show! I love Peep Show, but I don't think the current series was it's best, I think G & S deserved it; which I know won't be popular on here because a lot of you seem to hate it for some reason.

I hate it. No, I don't really hate it, but it doesn't make me laugh.

Who won everything anyway?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 6 2008, 11:42 PM GMT

Yep, it's a pretty great show! I love Peep Show, but I don't think the current series was it's best, I think G & S deserved it; which I know won't be popular on here because a lot of you seem to hate it for some reason.

Because it's shit.

Quote: Seefacts @ December 6 2008, 11:43 PM GMT

Because it's shit.

To you. But you're wrong, it's pretty darn good. To me. And I'm hardly likely to be wrong now am I?

Quote: Ben @ December 6 2008, 11:43 PM GMT

I hate it. No, I don't really hate it, but it doesn't make me laugh.

Sod the lot of you! Maybe you've all just got rocks for hearts not to be able to appreciate such a warm show? I don't care anyway, I like the show.

Nice to hear an actual groan from the audience when Ricky won (then have Corden heckle over his recorded thank you). Love Ricky but you can't slag off the award show that helped make him who he is without a bit of backlash.

Quote: Pete @ December 6 2008, 11:48 PM GMT

nice to hear an actual groan from the audience when ricky won (then have Corden heckle over his recorded thank you) love ricky but you cant slag off the award show that helped make him who he is without a bit of backlash.

I've not watched but another forum suggests Kevin Bishop heckled.