Ricky Gervais at the Princess Diana Gig

Although I'm no big fan of Ricky Gervais, I thought he was on cracking form last night - even though he did his irritating little dance that anyone from Remploy could put together.

It was nice to see him at the concert and he's now probably fulfilled every single one of his childhood wish list dreams. But he was just basically standing there expecting all the cheers and appreciation to come forward. But i agree his song was Q-good and his funnies with old Harry Boy were amusing. Now i think he should go back into his trendy loft conversion and start writing again so he can live off his next comedy masterpiece for another couple of years. winning everything and making new friends...maybe he could conquer outer space. Now that would be a challenge.

I did feel sorry for him - he was clearly starting to tire of having to pad whilst they sorted out the technical problems behind him.

Same here Mark. At first I thought, bet this is hard for him. Then I realised; 61000 people right in front of him, possibly billions at home, must have been murder on his mind!

Am I the only one who couldn't bare to watch it?

First rule of comedy: never do it in the open air.
Second rule: be prepared.

It was funny!
I thought he did really well, and was quite sweet in his mounting desperation. Plus, the audience was on his side, which is good.

I liked him singing Bowie's song, he really does have a nice voice y'know.

Quote: Aaron @ July 2, 2007, 11:46 AM

Don't worry Aaron... you're not alone. Most people would have watched it in their clothes.

:)

...I didn't.

i was surprised that mid-tour he didn't have any more jokes to tell. The Brent-Gareth song was good, but he assumed that everyone knew the words to the Bowie-Extras one. He wanted to do the dance, he was already doing the waving hands bit as he came on stage. Why didn't they just cut back to the BBC earlier? It got very desperate.

BTW, I thought the BBC's coverage was crap, kept cutting away at wrong moments and sometimes to nothing.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ July 2, 2007, 6:15 PM

i was surprised that mid-tour he didn't have any more jokes to tell. The Brent-Gareth song was good, but he assumed that everyone knew the words to the Bowie-Extras one.

I don't think he assumed that.
He was just singing a song to fill time. He probably doesn't know many. :)

Quote: zooo @ July 2, 2007, 6:17 PM

I don't think he assumed that.
He was just singing a song to fill time. He probably doesn't know many. :)

He was looking at the crowd in a sing-a-long-if-you-know-it way

I'm sorry I missed this.

Only kidding.

Quote: Aaron @ July 2, 2007, 11:46 AM

I wouldn't watch but went to get some tea and caught Anastacia. Good timing eh??? An extremely sexy woman - although I think she looks better wearing her glasses. Bloody good singer too!!!

Quote: Darren Goldsmith @ July 2, 2007, 5:38 PM

Don't worry Aaron... you're not alone. Most people would have watched it in their clothes.

:)

You're getting worse than me!

Quote: David Chapman @ July 2, 2007, 8:24 PM

You're getting worse than me!

It's like... a forum disease, or something.