Childhood misdeeds

I've just read a news story about a seven year old boy in Australia who broke into a zoo and fed several rare animals to a crocodile, battering some to death first. No one knows why he did it. Sounds like a modern myth, but got me thinking:

What inexplicable bad deeds did you do as a child and can you now understand why you did it?

I remember repeatedly pushing my tricycle, when I was about six, into a window until it smashed. I'm not sure why I did it but it was something to do with wanting to see what would happen. I, of course, pretended it had been an accident.

You naughty little Dagger! *waggles finger*

I remember standing on top of a bridge lobbing big stones at the cars going underneath. I can't have been more than about ten. I was delighted when I hit one of them which swerved and had to pull over, nearly crashing, less so when I was apprehended shortly afterwards by an angry adult who had watched the whole thing. Fortunately the car drove off without incident and I was allowed to go on my way without repercussions.

It wasn't an adult with a speciallu unpleasant punishment, one who perhaps whistled Una Paloma Blanca?

When I was about ten, me and some friends set fire to a large area of bushes and shrubs, then watched it burn from a bridge nearby. After that got boring we went and bought some ice cream. A pretty good day.

It wasn't an adult with a speciallu unpleasant punishment, one who perhaps whistled Una Paloma Blanca?

Again, I was going to put a clarification in to deflect the obvious paedo gag, but thought "nah I'll leave an open goal for Sooty, it's Friday". So what was your worst misdeed?

It's interesting to see the depraved, sinister way that sooty's mind works.

Quote: Griff @ October 3 2008, 12:21 PM BST

So what was your worst misdeed?

Take a look in critique.

(Sorry Sooty, I jut wanted to join in, I have no idea of the quality or otherwise of your work.)

Whistling Una Paloma Blanca whilst beating up other kids.

Actually I wrote a complete play about an unpopular kid at school being fed to his disabled brother who lived in a cage in his kitchen.

This being because his parents were Jehovis Witness's, cobblers and paedophiles.

The first 2 were true so the 3rd one probably was.

We reenacted it several times, I'm not sure if I was slippered as a punishment.

My paltry excsue was when we picked on him, I was out of the firing line.

My depressing nom de plume being, Fat Jewish Bastard (expanded to Fat Jewish Smartarse Bastard after the play incident)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 3 2008, 12:24 PM BST

Take a look in critique.

(Sorry Sooty, I jut wanted to join in, I have no idea of the quality or otherwise of your work.)

That's doubly insulting, I'll write a play about you.

Quote: Griff @ October 3 2008, 12:13 PM BST

I remember standing on top of a bridge lobbing big stones at the cars going underneath. I can't have been more than about ten. I was delighted when I hit one of them which swerved and had to pull over, nearly crashing, less so when I was apprehended shortly afterwards by an angry adult who had watched the whole thing. Fortunately the car drove off without incident and I was allowed to go on my way without repercussions.

I did that, too! But I didn't get caught. I had the sense to throw the stones from an elevated position amongst a bunch of trees overlooking a freeway (and I was 9 years old).

Seemingly inexplicable car crashes are cool!

My heart would go boom-boom-boom and I'd run like hell.

Ah, the good old days...

I threw a bowling ball down a hill and it crashed into someones house.

Tried to catch neighbours cat by finding a dead rat and putting it in a bird cage.

Locked teacher in cupboard and turned all the desks in the room upside down.

Fed the school fish Mercury.

Gavin you were a very bad boy.

Quote: Griff @ October 3 2008, 12:55 PM BST

Gavin you were a very bad boy.

Naaaaaaa thats just a small selection we did some really cool stuff. Like trapping someone in a food cage padlocking it and pushing it into girls toilets lol!! he was screaming they were screaming lol!

And recorded the teacher shouting at me with a mini mic and passed it round the class and played it back to him lol! he was getting proper red faced angry by the end lol!

Accidentaly broke a window, well 2 really. Pushed my freind into a door he hit the glass it came straight out and smashed....so we cheesed it.

Then in a class we were f**king about and I accidentaly pushed him into the window and it smashed.

I used to run through peoples gardens shouting "OYYYYYYYYY!!!" and stealing various garden ornaments.

oh dared brother to jump on someones shed roof once and he went straight through lol! that was funny I couldnt run away I was laughing so hard.