What 5 things would you put in Room 101 & why? Page 16

haha That was a fantastic episode. :D

Quote: zooo @ September 25 2008, 4:42 PM BST

Aw. Whenever I think of Chris O'Dowd I imagine him in the chair.

Excellent. :D

O'Dowd rhymes with "crowd". DUM DUM DUUUUUUUUUUM!

:O

Quote: Curt @ September 25 2008, 4:17 PM BST

Excellent, now I can go to school *put on a parka and snowshoes*

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 25 2008, 4:18 PM BST

*imagines Curt in 'The Thing'*

Curt Russell

:D

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud
Actually that was a sad day, Pops feel asleep with the door open, it's the number one killer of Canadians.
Be kind please donate to Save a Canadian. Your pennies will make sure every Canadian's home will be equipment with one of these:

:D Deadly drafts.

1. Jeans that have button-up flies instead of a traditional zip fly. I seriously don't understand where and why this started. Was there anything ever wrong with a zip fly? I want to spend as little time in a toilet as possible. Faffing around with buttons is not convenient. Especially when I'm standing in a pungently smelling public lavatory.

2. Pop art photos on canvas.

This stuff makes me puke. But people seem to think it's "art" and that it looks cool and contemporary hanging on their walls. My grandma could produce art like this. All it takes is a photo and a click of a button in Adobe Photoshop.

3. People who celebrate their birthday. For me, this is the epitome of self-love and self-centeredness. What makes people think that they're important enough to have the date of birth celebrated?

4. T-shirts with old/80s cartoons on. They were cool for about a month back in 2005. Now they're everywhere. You can't go into a clothes shop without seeing Mr.Men, Fraggle Rock, Thundercats, Transformers....and so on, in the form of t-shirts. What's even worse now, is middle aged TV personalities donning these t-shirts underneath a suit jacket. It's not funny. It's not ironic. It's just annoying.

5. Beer. I had a sip of beer for the first time when I was about 11 years old. It was vile. I was told that when I'm older, my taste buds will change and that I will love beer. I'm 27 now and I still think beer tastes like crap.

Wave

1. Johnny Borrell from Razorlight.
2. The other guitarist from Razorlight.
3. The bassist from Razorlight.
4. The drummer from Razorlight.
5. A hand grenade (with the pin out).

Do I really have to explain myself?

Quote: Eat_My_Shirts @ September 30 2008, 8:53 PM BST

5. Beer. I had a sip of beer for the first time when I was about 11 years old. It was vile. I was told that when I'm older, my taste buds will change and that I will love beer. I'm 27 now and I still think beer tastes like crap.

:)

Quote: NickTheDon @ September 30 2008, 9:02 PM BST

1. Johnny Borrell from Razorlight.
2. The other guitarist from Razorlight.
3. The bassist from Razorlight.
4. The drummer from Razorlight.
5. A hand grenade (with the pin out).

Do I really have to explain myself?

I like this. :D Although I'd have preferred the Arctic Monkeys...

1. Jeans that have button-up flies instead of a traditional zip fly. I seriously don't understand where and why this started. Was there anything ever wrong with a zip fly? I want to spend as little time in a toilet as possible. Faffing around with buttons is not convenient. Especially when I'm standing in a pungently smelling public lavatory.

4. T-shirts with old/80s cartoons on. They were cool for about a month back in 2005. Now they're everywhere. You can't go into a clothes shop without seeing Mr.Men, Fraggle Rock, Thundercats, Transformers....and so on, in the form of t-shirts. What's even worse now, is middle aged TV personalities donning these t-shirts underneath a suit jacket. It's not funny. It's not ironic. It's just annoying.

*hopes he never meets EMS*

I think button flys are kind of sexy.

3. People who celebrate their birthday. For me, this is the epitome of self-love and self-centeredness. What makes people think that they're important enough to have the date of birth celebrated?

I dooooo!
Presents = great
Cake = great
Don't like a fuss it's true. But Presents and cake are f**king essential.

*edit*
Look at me capitalising presents.

Quote: zooo @ September 30 2008, 9:21 PM BST

Presents = great
Cake = great

I don't get how anyone could dislike a birthday! You've pretty much nailed it there.

Most of my jeans are those, I buy them because nobody else does. Not because I'm trying to be different but because you can always get them super cheap when they are left over in the sale table. Expensive jeans for a fraction of the cost just because they take a bit more time to do up? Deal!

This stuff makes me puke. But people seem to think it's "art" and that it looks cool and contemporary hanging on their walls. My grandma could produce art like this. All it takes is a photo and a click of a button in Adobe Photoshop

:$ I'm currently creating a Lesson Plan to teach kids how to make their own Benday Dots images a technique created by Pop Artist Roy Lichtenstein. You know when you blow up a comic book and you can see the little dots Sorry it seems I am an enabler Wave

what...what about comic book characters? The majority of my t-shirt collection is made up of DC, Marvel and Dark Horse characters. :(

*looks over at his glass filled with Guinness* Angelic

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 30 2008, 9:20 PM BST

*hopes he never meets EMS*

Laughing out loud

Lichtenstein's different!
He was an actual artist.

It's not the same as taking a photograph and blowing it up on to a cheap canvas.

Quote: zooo @ September 30 2008, 9:32 PM BST

Lichtenstein's different!
He was an actual artist.

It's not the same as taking a photograph and blowing it up on to a cheap canvas.

But me teaching kids how to do it themselves....is that cheap?