What 5 things would you put in Room 101 & why? Page 13

Quote: Chickenoriental @ September 25 2008, 3:22 PM BST

Wow.. You really dislike or hate a LOT of stuff!
:)

Yeah. I'm horrible. ;)

Quote: catskillz @ September 25 2008, 2:07 PM BST

It's funny how anyone and everyone seems to hate Tim Westwood these days. *snip*

Apparently he's actually a rather nice chap.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ September 25 2008, 3:15 PM BST

5. Marcus f**king Brigstocke

:D

Brigstocke and Westwood are quite similar actually. Both trying to deny their delightfully middle-class roots and upbringing. Only difference is that whilst Marcus thinks he's a communist, Westwood thinks he's black.

I liiiike Marcus.

Me too, why does everyone here hate him so?

I don't know.
I think he's lovely, and I always agreed with his little rants.

Quote: zooo @ September 25 2008, 3:48 PM BST

I don't know.
I think he's lovely, and I always agreed with his little rants.

I don't hate him the way some do, but I do find him a bit of a self-styled ranter. So they always seem slightly manufactured. Plus he's got a stupid face.

Some of his rants are undeniably brilliant. But his overall act and persona is just so, so tired, making exactly the same points about the exact same people for the past 5 years. It's barely been updated at all. Which it really needs to be if you're trying to be topical like he is.

Plus the whole anti-middle class thing, when that's blatantly how he was raised, and how he lives his life now, is just painful.

I like his little rants on The Late Edition. He does have 'a stupid face', but I'm not gonna condemn him for that.

He admits he's middle class, but that doesn't mean he can't still 'rip the piss' as it were. :)

Well, I've always seen it as being anti middle-class tossers, not anti middle-class in general.

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 25 2008, 3:53 PM BST

He does have 'a stupid face', but I'm not gonna condemn him for that.

You should. Whether we like it or not we all tend to dismiss people if they've got stupid faces.

I like his face. Angry

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 25 2008, 3:46 PM BST

Me too, why does everyone here hate him so?

I don't hate him, but he annoy me sometimes, when he just blankly refuses to say anything negative about things like immigration. I remember one day, when he was on The Wright Stuff, and someone phoned in, talking about how they couldn't register with their local Doctor, because all the places had been taken by immigrants, and their local schools were filled with kids who couldn't speak English, and Brigstocke might as well have had his fingers in his ears, shouting 'Not listening!!'

Quote: zooo @ September 25 2008, 3:57 PM BST

I like his face. Angry

Your opinions are technically worthless. :)

I'd say it's long, rather than stupid. But, for comedy, surely a 'stupid face' is a good thing?

Quote: catskillz @ September 25 2008, 3:58 PM BST

I don't hate him, but he annoy me sometimes, when he just blankly refuses to say anything negative about things like immigration. I remember one day, when he was on The Wright Stuff, and someone phoned in, talking about how they couldn't register with their local Doctor, because all the places had been taken by immigrants, and their local schools were filled with kids who couldn't speak English, and Brigstocke might as well have had his fingers in his ears, shouting 'Not listening!!'

*puts fingers in ears*

Not listening!!!

;)

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 25 2008, 4:06 PM BST

I'd say it's long, rather than stupid. But, for comedy, surely a 'stupid face' is a good thing?

You may have a point. Although I think a lovable stupid face is better, like Simon Peggs.