Doctor Who... Page 227

Quote: zooo @ September 23 2008, 3:26 PM BST

I have Duck Patrol. :)
It is kind of cobblers. But totally enjoyable.

Ditto, ditto, and ditto. It's got a quirky charm to it, not dissimilar to Outside Edge.

Oooh, I used to love Outside Edge! I wanted to *be* Josie Lawrence!

Quote: Curt @ September 23 2008, 3:23 PM BST

Do yourself a favor and happen upon the movie Forbidden Planet. It's a freaking masterpiece of science fiction. It's also got on of my favorite movie quotes of all time:
Gorgeous girl swimming in a pool says "Come on in" and a young Leslie Nielsen (playing the captain) says "I didn't bring a bathing suit" to which the girl responds "What's a bathing suit"?
Nielsen's character just looks away with this line "Oh, murder"!
brilliant. :)

The musical, Return to the Forbidden Planet is even better! :)

Quote: Aaron @ September 23 2008, 2:36 PM BST

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

I'm correct I'm afraid Aaron. That title seemed like it meant one thing, but it wasn't telling us the 'how'. So it was a tease. She wasn't a proper 'proper' daughter, they used his genetic code, or whatever, to grow a soldier. So yeah, it was a tease to get you talking and watching, not a complete giveaway.

Georgia Moffett is a tease....

*sigh*

Quote: hotzappa11 @ September 23 2008, 4:36 PM BST

Georgia Moffett....

I don't want to talk about it. :(

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 23 2008, 4:34 PM BST

I'm correct I'm afraid Aaron. That title seemed like it meant one thing, but it wasn't telling us the 'how'. So it was a tease. She wasn't a proper 'proper' daughter, they used his genetic code, or whatever, to grow a soldier. So yeah, it was a tease to get you talking and watching, not a complete giveaway.

Bollocks. Utter bollocks. The "how" was largely inconsequential. It still gave you the entire final outcome of the story; the Doctor has some form of descendant. It was only a "tease" in so far as it didn't give away how the daughter came about. We still got the jist of the story.

Quote: zooo @ September 23 2008, 4:38 PM BST

I don't want to talk about it. :(

You're far prettier, if that's any help?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 22 2008, 10:13 PM BST

Ah DWM . . . I've read that since I was eleven. Do you know Tennant is a subscriber, and had been for years before he was ever in it? He even sent a letter in when he was cast. One of my geekiest proudest moments was getting a letter published in there.

I used to subscribe to that in the late 80's, but I think I was a naughty boy and had my subscription cancelled by my Dad. Not bought a copy since 1994. I can't help but think it's been 'kid-ised' now, but that's nothing but an assumption on my part.

Didn't there used to be a very interesting bit towards the back called 'Matrix' which had very nerdy and interesting Dr Who facts? I liked that.

BTW, doesn't Tennant only go for blonde birds?

Seemingly, only when they're actresses!
When they are civilians, they are always brunette.

There's hope!! ;)

Quote: Winterlight @ September 23 2008, 5:22 PM BST

BTW, doesn't Tennant only go for blonde birds?

Darn I guess I'm out...what's Tom Baker preferences are?

Quote: Aaron @ September 23 2008, 5:08 PM BST

You're far prettier, if that's any help?

Aaron, I love ya, but you're as blind as a bat. :)

Quote: zooo @ September 23 2008, 5:24 PM BST

I'd complement you, but my only image of you is a life sized card board cut out of David Tennant.

Well he is MUCH prettier than Georgia. :)

Quote: zooo @ September 23 2008, 5:24 PM BST

The glasses are only here to improve my geek credentials!

And to ensure that I can see.

*stumbles around in the dark, hands outstre-* Oh. Hello. Smarmy

Damnit, where's Ian when I need him to back me up? Useless Jew. Angry

Here here Aaron, I'm sporting black rim glasses as I type. Geekalicious.

Quote: Aaron @ September 23 2008, 5:08 PM BST

Bollocks. Utter bollocks.

I agree, you are talking bollocks. Total, utter, utterlyy, complete bollocks. Which means I win. Because I'm right.