My Family - Series 7 Page 3

Quote: Mr. Leevil @ April 23, 2007, 1:10 PM

I thought the first series was o.k, but haven't really watched it since. I never really liked the relationships they had with each other, I mean come on, where is the love?

That's a bloody good point actually.

ever heard of people stuck in a loveless marriage, yet unable to get out of it?

As to My Family - loved the first two series to death. Liked the third as well. Fourth was fast slide down the shark's back.
I have all three episodes of series 7, but I'm actually afraid to watch - they got generally good reviews here, where the crowd is rather demanding ;)

Quote: WrongTale @ May 2, 2007, 4:25 PM

ever heard of people stuck in a loveless marriage, yet unable to get out of it?

But their horrible to their kids. I watched the first series because I like the dad and older son (it was years ago I can't remember their names).

But the rest of the family just have ago at each other all the time, I thought it was kinda depressing.

I've got nothing against the format, nor the actors (except the youngest son, I don't like kids in comedy) it just doesn't click with me.

Although I remember Daisy Donovon was in it at one point, she needs to be on t.v more!

Oh by the way. It's finally happened.
The youngest son is now definitely fanciable.

I knew it would happen eventually. :)

You dirty minx.

You don't want to know which ones I fancy in Harry Potter.

Yeah... we do... :-)

Hermione.

Hee. No, not Hermione.
Although it's pretty much all the others.

Dirty, dirty bitch.

The Abi thing is difficult to do because it was so much a Nick replacement.

There's aonly a certain amount you can do with a character like that, especially if you make her one dimensional as she appears to be. Pretty much most of the time...

I'm unsure about this series, really. It has it's moments but I can't help but feel there's a hell of a lot of mugging and borrowing of ideas from other sitcoms, which doesn't really bode well for the writers in general.

It's probably running it's course now...

Well i think the weakest link episode was really well done.

Argh I live in italy and can't see it! Caught some vintage episodes in the UK and enjoyed it, tho it's a shame they cut out the whackier son. You probably know this but 'My Family' was one of the first UK sitcoms to START with the US team-writing process. Certainly seems to've worked.

Argh I live in italy and can't see it! Caught some vintage episodes in the UK and enjoyed it, tho it's a shame they cut out the whackier son. You probably know this but 'My Family' was one of the first UK sitcoms to START with the US team-writing process. Certainly seems to've worked.

WOW Diana Weston on tonight's episode.

I'm currenly watching her on the repeats of the upper hand on paramount channel.

Boy she has aged lol, unless they made her up to look older.

And she was married to Robert Lindsey aswell.

Quote: Ed Parnell @ May 6, 2007, 11:05 AM

The Abi thing is difficult to do because it was so much a Nick replacement.

No, Roger is Nick's replacement. Abi was Janey's.

And Roger's mum married to Robert Lindsey! Blimey!