My Family - Series 8 Page 10

Quote: Aaron @ May 24 2008, 5:21 PM BST

I think there's still quite a bit of room for the show. I'd like to see it for another couple of series' at least.

I wouid love to see this programme end and be replaced by a cutting edge sitcom such as Spoons ;)

Except for the episode involving the bank robbery with Pauline Quirk, I've been very disappointed by this series. All the spark seems to be the gone. Alfie was the best character in it other than Nick and now he's gone. I know there's another series on the way but, honestly, I think they should've finished it when it was still the funniest thing in the BBC's arsenal. Unfortunately, those days are long over.

Quote: GusF @ May 28 2008, 1:30 AM BST

Alfie was the best character in it other than Nick and now he's gone.

You actually are a mental.

(He's not gone though, don't worry.)

Quote: Aaron @ May 28 2008, 1:38 AM BST

You actually are a mental.

Why do people keep saying that to me? Teary My finely honed deductive reasoning skills tell me that you don't agree. Am I correct?

Yep; Alfie is quite possibly the worst character in any British sitcom this decade!

But hey, each to their own!

Quote: Aaron @ May 28 2008, 1:53 AM BST

Yep; Alfie is quite possibly the worst character in any British sitcom this decade!

Oh, I suppose it's because he's Welsh, isn't it?! :D

I'm told he smells of coal and sheep.

Quote: Aaron @ May 28 2008, 1:55 AM BST

I'm told he smells of coal and sheep.

Yeah, that's a safe bet.

(Apologies to all Welsh users!)

The showrunners should listen to the viewers and as we all want them to get rid of Alfie, they should do it.

I feel better about you not liking Russell Brand's acting now. ;)

New to this forum,love My Family but regret that "Nick" has moved on.A role model for all of us who see life as a rehearsal.

Hehe, nice summary of him there! Welcome to the site. :)

Never in the remotest bit funny.

I never watched one episode of this series which is a shame as I heard it was good.

My Family is good.

It's not a complicated sitcom and I fear most people today like complicated sitcoms.

It's just simple easy viewing.