Live! Girls! Present Dogtown Page 4

I don't usually agree with the TV critics, but I thought The Guardian summed this show up in yesterday's edition when they called it "a generally bad comedy" that "sort of hangs there in the air".

I've really been enjoying Dogtown. I think the League of Gents comparisons are unfair - when you look past the make up and wigs, the actual characters aren't that grotesque. I think perhaps some critics can't see past the people playing more than one character. Also, it's worth it for Geoff and Sue - that film noir stuff is a real breath of fresh air. Just seen episode 4 with Imelda Staunton. V. Funny!! Don't think it's fair to call it a turkey, but then again, my funny bone's not tickled by a 'woman' pissing herself for five minutes.
:P

Just Watched Ep 4.

It definately was worth while sticking with. Each episode has got better!

Love the folk group & Imelda Staunton storyline in the Library with Geoff & Sue was brill.

Episode 5 is SO funny. Bob and Muffin are hilarious, Bob's Hartlepool/Canadian voice and Muffin's lethargic drawl are so acute.

Plus...the Parkinson Carol and Denise. They did this on stage and it is still wonderful especially Al Pacino taking Carol to a hotel saying "I can affooorrrdddd it!"

Brilliant.

Not brilliant. Just bad. Very, very bad.

Still Watching Thomps74?

You must like it really!!! A closet Dogtown watcher!

Well, he watched Respectable to the end (I believe), and REALLY hated that...

I gave up after the first few minutes of the second episode of Dogtown. Think I did well to last that long.

I watched until the third episode of Respectable and that was only because Cordelia Bugeja was in it. The scene featuring fat bloke dressed as a baby whilst the old woman tossed him off...That was enough for me. There was no going back after that disturbing image.

Quote: Thomps74 @ November 2, 2006, 11:43 AM

I gave up after the first few minutes of the second episode of Dogtown. Think I did well to last that long.

Certainly beat me. I managed 10 minutes of episode 1.

In anticipation of the question: why do you watch it if you hate it?

I'm a comedy writer and sometimes you can learn more from crap like Respectable than you can from good sitcoms.

The Pair of you just don't have any Stamina!!!

It did get better especially the Cat Fight scene in Ep4 where Imelda Staunton grabbed Geraldine MacNulty's ample cleavage!

I just found out that Dogtown is coming out on DVD in January. Does anyone have any info?

See Amazon product listing

I know I'm obviously bumping this up, but why has it suddenly appeared fourth from the top of the list before I posted!

Bug, perhaps?

Dan

Fourth from the what now?