Good Idea At The Time Page 2

Seinfeld does a great bit about 'tomorrow me' having to worry about it. That's sadly I how work.

'This is today me, tomorrow me can be knackered and look like shit'.

I love Seinfeld's stand up!
Oh yea! And yesterday I thought "the weather is crappy outside but I need excercise I know! I'll play Wii Boxing for a full hour and try to make it to Pro!"
Today I can barely move my left arm ughhhhhhhh....so sore. It probably didn't help though that I also did some weights. :(

Quote: Seefacts @ April 1 2008, 3:01 PM BST

I'm sure I've never got the full potential of the PES game play system.

R2 three times in succession: Ronaldo/Ronaldhino's little 'flip-flap' trick. Only a few (very skillful) players in the game can do it. And you're so overjoyed you managed it that you ignore the fact it's next to useless...

Dan

Quote: Curt @ April 1 2008, 3:04 PM BST

Mmmmmm Mint Donuts.
I thought volunteering to do the Powerpoint slides for my International Development group project would be a good idea (easier work than doing theory stuff). I was wrong. When I got all their work and it was riddled with spelling mistakes, missing citations etc, etc... It's my second full day now of trying to correct this mess.

That's nothing compared to what I'm having to do.

Quote: Seefacts @ April 1 2008, 2:37 PM BST

I'm on 2008 - it's ace!

Quote: swerytd @ April 1 2008, 2:53 PM BST

2008. It's *ace*! What's wrong with it?

Really? :O

I thought it was terrible. I could score just by running the length of the pitch with a defender - I could even run into the goal with him!! And it's far far easier to score from a long way out. I always said the new Fifas were just pes rip-offs, this time I think pes have tried to rip Fifa off! Not a good thing since pes was always the superior game imo. I'm sticking to pes 6.

Quote: Seefacts @ April 1 2008, 3:01 PM BST

Incidentally I never understood that attacking/defence thing - the orange and yellow rectangles by the players names in the bottom corner.

I'm sure I've never got the full potential of the PES game play system.

Yeah I agree. There's a lot I don't understand about pes, but I seem to get on OK so not really that bothered.

On 07 I came back from 3-0 down against Man Red with West Ham (god bless Tevez) to keep me in the title race (which I then won) in the greatest PES match I've ever played. I still get excited about it now.

Ohhhh yhea . . .

:D I've had many games like that! I just had a game where I went 4-0 down. I decided to keep playing to restore some pride and got to 4-3. I hit the post twice, had 3 corners shot wide when I was one on one with the keeper with no defender anywhere near me (wtf?), but just couldn't equalise. Was an amazing game though even though I lost it!

Quote: Aaron @ April 1 2008, 10:44 AM BST

You utter tit. Laughing out loud

Truer words were never spoken

I read that the best things in life are sex and chocolate but the wife didn't like it at all. Maybe I shouldn't of used Toblerone.

Well, just to get this thread vaguely back on topic (!) ... yeah ... IT did indeed sound like a good idea at the time ... but in my case the novelty had rather worn off 36 years later!!! These days getting out of bed before noon sometimes sounds like a good idea, but it doesn't take long to realize I'm the only living soul around here left on the planet (apart from the triffids!) so I could in fact've saved myself a whole lot of agro by staying put ...

realise*

OK ... my spelling checker didn't like 'realise' with an 's' ... so I changed it to a 'z' and it stopped complaining. Probably a USeless spelling checker. It doesn't like the capital 'S' there either ... no sense of humour (or that 'u'!) these yanks, ho hum! Aside from that it's a miracle I can spell anything after 11 years in a country where practically all words are written 'fonético' ...

Sounds like you've probably got your spellchecker set to Yank then!

Painting my nails black. I thought "Yeah, brilliand, it'll look great, and'll be low maintainance!" how wrong I was... It's caused me no ends of trouble! :(

If you want low maintenance, why paint them at all?

Because I want them to be black :(

Did you use proper paint, or stupid nail stuff? 'Cos the former's your answer for low maintenance! ;)