Good Idea At The Time

Staying up all night eating mini chocolate doughnuts and playing vide games seemed like a good idea at the time. Doesn't anymore Laughing out loud Sick

Anyone else got any 'good ideas at the time?'

All the time.

Do you know how big a hole you have to dig, to bury just and average sized wombat?

Fiona Hughes.

Quote: ajp29 @ April 1, 2008, 7:35 AM

Staying up all night eating mini chocolate doughnuts and playing vide games seemed like a good idea at the time. Doesn't anymore Laughing out loud Sick

You utter tit. Laughing out loud

Quote: ajp29 @ April 1, 2008, 7:35 AM

Anyone else got any 'good ideas at the time?'

'Just one more game' of ProEvo...

And there goes another few hours of writing time.

The worst thing was I wasn't even winning, just getting increasingly more frustrated as 'Derbyshire' nick a win over my 'Man Red' team...

Dan

Breakfast in a tin...

Quote: swerytd @ April 1, 2008, 10:18 AM

'Derbyshire' nick a win over my 'Man Red' team...

Wouldn't happen...

A career in accountancy - It seemed a great idea ten years ago, before the stress, before the loss of hair, before the corporate politics, before the ideals of the industry try and steal your soul. And timesheets! accountancy's answer to the KGB that monitors your every move and reports back to the bosses without any concience or remorse. It's like being in the film 'Cube' only with desks and suits.

GGGrrrrrrr.....

Def.

Ditto a career in IT...

ditto a career in comedy writing.

Quote: swerytd @ April 1 2008, 1:10 PM BST

Ditto a career in IT...

Tell me that now...

Quote: swerytd @ April 1 2008, 11:18 AM BST

The worst thing was I wasn't even winning, just getting increasingly more frustrated as 'Derbyshire' nick a win over my 'Man Red' team...

Dan

Yey for pes!
Arsenal with a 3-4-3 and I'm a goal machine!
I'm getting exremely pissed off with quitters online though.
Is it pes 6 or 2008? The latter has to be the worst footy game I've ever played. What did they do to it?! :(

Quote: swerytd @ April 1 2008, 11:18 AM BST

Dan

I'm Master Leaguing it as Bolton . . . or Middlebrook as they're known.

I pick shit teams with pacey forward basically.

It's kept me up the last three nights - I'm bloody knackered.

Quote: ian_w @ April 1 2008, 1:34 PM BST

Yey for pes!
Is it pes 6 or 2008? The latter has to be the worst footy game I've ever played. What did they do to it?! :(

I'm on 2008 - it's ace!

Quote: ian_w @ April 1 2008, 1:34 PM BST

Yey for pes!

2008. It's *ace*! What's wrong with it?

In every version up to this one, I've learnt to play by being Scotland and winning the world cup. Can't do it in this one, so like a true comedy writer, gave up...

:)

Incidentally, the worst footy game ever was Gazza 2 on the Atari ST. The side-netting didn't even hold the ball in the goal when you scored! It was *so* bad, I thought eventually to myself 'It couldn't have been *that* bad' and gave it another go. It was.

Dan

Incidentally I never understood that attacking/defence thing - the orange and yellow rectangles by the players names in the bottom corner.

I'm sure I've never got the full potential of the PES game play system.

On 07 I came back from 3-0 down against Man Red with West Ham (god bless Tevez) to keep me in the title race (which I then won) in the greatest PES match I've ever played. I still get excited about it now.

Ohhhh yhea . . .

Mmmmmm Mint Donuts.
I thought volunteering to do the Powerpoint slides for my International Development group project would be a good idea (easier work than doing theory stuff). I was wrong. When I got all their work and it was riddled with spelling mistakes, missing citations etc, etc... It's my second full day now of trying to correct this mess.