Would I Lie To You? - Series 16 Page 3

Would I Lie To You has great chemistry between the captains and Ron Brydon.

Quote: Joey Vimsante The Poet @ 21st November 2023, 1:24 PM

Would I Lie To You has great chemistry between the captains and Ron Brydon.

Or Rob, even

Very funny tonight.

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd December 2023, 8:50 PM

Very funny tonight.

Melvyn Hayes during the underwear story going "this is so much better than bins..." and saying he's "excited" when Rob asked then the story turning out to be true all had me cackling, haha.

Yeah, that was a brilliant special. Had my family all roaring.

Yeah, good episode. If I were Lee, I'd take it as a compliment to be mistaken for Jimmy Nail.

They don't know Sister Boniface? And I do what Chris does to wake up. I've done it for years.

Chris McCausland is always good, and Su Pollard was characteristically bonkers (in a good way!)

It's the perfect show for Su, they should have her on more often.

Another fun episode. Lucy gets on my nerves though I have to say, I'm really not a fan of that thing she does where she pretends to be this clueless dunce on every TV show. Mo was a lot of fun.

Pretty good one. Looking forward to next week's episode though, as Craig Charles is a promising choice! And Jeremy Vine, he can be funny at times (and a bit annoying at others!) not sure how he'll adapt to the format, but should be interesting. (His brother Tim would be a good contestant too if that ever happens, I don't think he's been on yet. Or did him and Lee Mack fall out after Tim left Not Going Out?)

Quote: a plate @ 28th January 2024, 1:52 AM

Looking forward to next week's episode though, as Craig Charles is a promising choice! And Jeremy Vine, he can be funny at times (and a bit annoying at others!) not sure how he'll adapt to the format, but should be interesting.

As I'd hoped, a very good episode last night IMO! Craig Charles and Jeremy Vine had some great moments as expected, as did Shazia Mirza and Amy Gledhill. Shazia was better than I expected after her underwhelming appearance on Have I Got News For You ages ago, but naturally sometimes it takes a bit of experience with panel shows for some standups to get used to the format. Although Amy Gledhill, a comedian I was previously familiar with, seemed to take to it well.