DMs Are Open (The New Newsjack) Page 6

The final episode's theme - The Storm . Good luck with that one, folks .

Can't be arsed sny more.

I know the feeling .

It ain't just DMs are My Mother's Legs, it's the whole on-line ''''experience''''. About ten years ago it was fun and exciting to get your stuff out there - now it's just a pain, checking out your phone every free sec instead of enjoying the world around you. I abandoned the New Order forums because of the remarkably high number of shitheads, and then all those pointless Bacefook fan pages (Paul McCartney fan page: Hi, I'm a Paul McCartney fan! - Hey,, I'm a Paul McCartney fan too! Looks like we got a Paul McCartney fan on a Paul McCartney fan page!!!!!). I also gave up on this here 'Tell us a joke' thread cos I can take criticism, but it's beyond ridickulous when you share idea after idea for f**k all, and then some spiteful, sub-Kindergarten quip like 'Takes one to know one!!!!!!!!!' gets a standing ovation. Christ, what a dump.
Still mate, best wishes for this, the last wank's show. I admire you for sticking it out as long as you have!

You can't afford to take it too seriously . I got off to a good start , was optioned for a sitcom script that's still never seen the light of day , had a sketch on 2525 ( R4 Extra) and a couple of one-liners in a science/technology podcast . Believe it or not this is quite good compared to sending out music . That is really difficult to get anything across . I see all of the creative thing as a hobby now, and don't expect anything . Punt the material about and forget about it . If something happens it'll happen.

Agreed.

Oh good. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/FQY4tc8CD2tpnV1J5vrcRV/submit-your-ideas

Thanks for the heads up Mike. It's moving to radio 4. I had read there would be a renewed interest in Political satire in 2024.

I really can't be f**ked this time around. Too much effort for not enough possibility. That's a LOT of Spice, beer and jerking off time.

My get up and go's got up and gone .

Did anybody attend the webinar?

Yeah. it was informative.
Chris Douch has written a great guide on writing for the show. Click on the link below

https://thecomedyloser.com/2022/05/12/dms-are-open-at-the-bbc-and-youre-going-to-write-for-it/

Hi, I'm Wayne, first time caller in Sheffield, UK. recently uploaded my first submission to DAO having attended the recent webinar. Very keen to meet likeminded comedy writers for discussion and possible collaboration, etc. How are you doing? Any recent success with this show or other outlets? :)

Totally forgot about the final deadline until about 11 o'clock last night. Scribbled down a couple of ideas before going to bed and then got up at 6 to type them up and record them before going to work. Racing against the clock certainly seemed to concentrate the mind.

FROM TWITTER
DMs Are Open
@DMsAreOpenBBC
ยท
54m
Emails have gone out to those who made the script for our first episode of the series! Congrats to all that made it, and tune in on Wednesday to listen!