DMs Are Open (The New Newsjack) Page 3

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 20th January 2023, 7:24 PM

Yes. https://www.comedy.co.uk/pro/news/7152/dms-are-open-series-2/

I like that they're going back to audience, seemed weird (and IIRC the last Newsjacks did) without it.

The good news is it no longer has to be topical.
Meanwhile, Noising Up is (tee hee) up and running too.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 21st January 2023, 8:25 AM

The good news is it no longer has to be topical.
Meanwhile, Noising Up is (tee hee) up and running too.

Nice.

It took me until very recently to realise I can submit to these BBC Scotland shows (Noising Up, Breaking the News), I just assumed that they were only taking submissions from Scottish people (or any non-Scots residing in Scotland).

Is Breaking The News open door?

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 24th January 2023, 11:09 AM

Is Breaking The News open door?

Oh, I may be thinking of something else if it's not. There was defo 2 BBC Radio Scotland shows that are open door.

Just found an e-mail address for Breaking The News where you can arsek to be added to their mailing list. We'll see.

DMs is back next week https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/FQY4tc8CD2tpnV1J5vrcRV/submit-your-ideas

Nice, I think it's potentially a good idea going less 'story of the week' and going for themes. Might shake it up a bit.

Thanks for the heads up.

Theme for episode 1 is "Crime"

Optional prompt for oneliners is "They told me they were criminals, but I had my doubts after I overheard them saying..."

No need to write an intro for sketches.

Submissions come in via a form/uploader rather than by email (was that the same for series one?)

Thanks for the info. I couldn't get to the webinar and might not have much time for writing this series but nice to know what I should be aiming for!

The good news is I'm not going to wait until Sunday for a 'good'/current story source. I actually can spend all week on ideas rather than one evening.

Just sent mine off. Ain't got a f**king cat in Hell's chance, but in the words of Rik, it's the pwinciple of the thing.

Here goes nuthin' . Uploaded a voice note .

Uploaded another voice note, this time , for next week's Love theme .