British Comedy Quiz Page 59

Hello everybody, I scored 6 out of 10 on todays regular questions, some were a guess though.

I correctly answered: Q1, Q2, Q5, Q6, Q8, Q9,
I incorrectly answered: Q3, Q4, Q7, Q10.

See you all next week.

Quiz 276: The answers

You scored 8/10

Brilliant! You really know your stuff!

🧠👌

Got 5/10 which I'm happy with on a quiz with 3 Qs on contemporary standups. Never likely to get par.

Quiz 277, from Niki Walton! I got 6/10.

First half of the quiz was tricky, then got 'em from question 5 onwards.

I've seen all the episodes of Only Fools umpteen times, but wouldn't have guessed who'd appeared the most times out of those characters! (Well, I did guess, but it was wrong). Eddie Izzard one I didn't know for sure, but made an educated elimination as I knew most of the ones that were true.

Correct answers: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.

Good one Nikki, people will find this a challenge.

Hard, but not unreasonably so! Still good fun.
Got four right - 2, 7, 8 and 9!

Quote: a plate @ 25th October 2023, 1:51 AM

Also got 6/10 but the reverse way to you, got the last 3 wrong. But yes good quiz with a couple of Qs you have to think about.

Pleased to say I knew # 3, 5 & 10.

I narrowed # 1 down to two possibilities. And it was neither of them!

No chance with any of the others.

Quiz 277

3/10 and 3/5

I've said this before - don't like lazy questions about what year someone was born, which can only be a pure guess, unless you are an ardent fan of that person, and then it's pushing it a bit.

And never heard of "Newark, Newark" or "The Smoking Room"

Otherwise, a good quiz.

Quote: a plate @ 25th October 2023, 1:51 AM

Good one Nikki, people will find this a challenge.

Thanks a plate, glad you enjoyed these questions :)

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 25th October 2023, 7:39 AM

Hard, but not unreasonably so! Still good fun.

Thank you Chris, that's the balance I was hoping for with the trickier ones.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 25th October 2023, 8:36 AM

Good quiz with a couple of Qs you have to think about.

Thank you Alfred!

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 25th October 2023, 9:23 AM

I narrowed # 1 down to two possibilities. And it was neither of them!

Thanks Billy, I enjoyed setting up that question, I'm sure plenty of die-hard fans will know it straight away but more of a brainteaser for everyone else.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th October 2023, 9:54 AM

Never heard of "Newark, Newark" or "The Smoking Room"

Otherwise, a good quiz.

Thanks Herc, both of those are 21st century so a bit outside your preferred era. I'm trying to not get too comfortably bedded down in the classics with my questions, there's a lot of good stuff out there.

3 and 1, ffs. I ain't losing it though, cos I never had it in the first place.
Very proud to say that I knew the Young Ones One, and far prouder to say I didn't know the OFAH one. F**king hate that show.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th October 2023, 9:54 AM

Quiz 277

3/10 and 3/5

I've said this before - don't like lazy questions about what year someone was born, which can only be a pure guess, unless you are an ardent fan of that person, and then it's pushing it a bit.

And never heard of "Newark, Newark" or "The Smoking Room"

Otherwise, a good quiz.

When was Frankie Howerd born? Which city was Ken Dodd born in? What sitcom was John Cleese in with Connie Booth? What year did Benny Hill die? When did Rising Damp start?
All perfectly legitimate comedy quiz questions!

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 25th October 2023, 1:31 PM

When was Frankie Howerd born? Which city was Ken Dodd born in? What sitcom was John Cleese in with Connie Booth? What year did Benny Hill die? When did Rising Damp start?
All perfectly legitimate comedy quiz questions!

Most of those are perfectly reasonable, BUT I cannot agree with you and am not prepared to have a lengthy discussion about what I consider to be a lazy (uninteresting) question.
I set many quizzes, including such as Only Connect, so feel I have the experience to know what is good and what is just plain boring and unanswerable, and was hoping that say, Niki (and any other question setters) might take that on board for future questions.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 25th October 2023, 7:39 AM

Hard, but not unreasonably so!

Don't encourage me.

To be honest, I think the arguments on this thread are a bit silly. You can't possibly please everyone, and I'm just grateful people still make the effort to Brighton up the mid-wank. More importantly, the quiz is just a bit of fun for the punters. No one's going for an Olympic medal here.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 25th October 2023, 1:31 PM

What sitcom was John Cleese in with Connie Booth?

Now that IS a tough one.

Quiz 277: The answers

You scored 8/10

Brilliant! You really know your stuff!

🧠👌

Hello folks, here's my answers for this week's quiz.

I can't belive I got question 1 wrong, Only Fools And Horses is my favourite programme I was certain that Grandad was in more episodes than the other four characters but never mind.

I scored 3 out of 10 on the regular questions.

I correctly answered: Q2, Q3, Q10.
I incorrectly answered: Q1, Q4, Q5, Q6, Q7, Q8, Q9.

See you all next week.