Drop The Dead Donkey Page 4

Excellent news. I hope I can drag myself out of the house to go and see it!

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 30th May 2023, 9:38 AM

Great news about Hamilton and Jenkin writing a stage show, and with the original cast too! This will be a must see, I've often thought that Drop The Dead Donkey would be an obvious sitcom to resurrect with so much about the modern world to take the piss out of.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/live/news/7370/drop-the-dead-donkey-returns-as-touring-stage-show/

Not quite all the original cast I'll be bound!

As long as they don't try to turn it into a musical as they seem to do with so many stage productions these days - from Only Fools & Horses to Harry Potter and Back to the Future.

(NB: I see it's scheduled for Richmond (Surrey) Theatre for Wed 31 Jan - Sat 3 Feb 2024 and Brighton Theatre Royal Tues 5 March - Sat 9 March 2024 and tickets go on sale tomorrow.)

Quote: Aaron @ 30th May 2023, 9:47 AM

Excellent news. I hope I can drag myself out of the house to go and see it!

It's actually pretty cheap considering, front row in Woking is only £27

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 30th May 2023, 10:42 AM

It's actually pretty cheap considering, front row in Woking is only £27

Never sit in the front row for comedy shows or pantomimes!

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 30th May 2023, 1:09 PM

Never sit in the front row for comedy shows or pantomimes!

Well, I had a front row seat, slap bang in the middle to see Ken Dodd - didn't regret a thing, apart from not being tickled with his enormously long tickling stick.

Quote: Basil Rathbon @ 29th May 2013, 11:39 AM

I find it very odd that, Stephen Tompkinson and Neil Pearson apaprt, none of the regular cast went on to star in anything else of note. Post DDDD they seem to have all vanished without trace.

Haydn Gwynne has been in several things and is playing Pru Leith in the musical Great British Bakeoff.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th May 2023, 3:45 PM

Well, I had a front row seat, slap bang in the middle to see Ken Dodd - didn't regret a thing, apart from not being tickled with his enormously long tickling stick.

Ah. Shame.

I saw this news yesterday and I'd love to go and see this live. It's Woking for me, 28 May to 1 June 2024. Definitely a date for the diary.

I'm off to see it on Thursday.