Drop The Dead Donkey

Over the last week I have just been watching series 1 & 2 of Drop The Dead Donkey on DVD!

Most of my DVD collection (450+ DVDs) tends to be that of comedies that were on the BBC and it is nice to have something like DTDD that was originally aired on Channel4.

I have series 1-6 on DVD and look forward to watching them all again!

Some of Gus Hedges quotes are close to that of the more recent David Brent:

"Morning hotshots. Are we cooking with napalm? You bet."
"We've got to downsize our sloppiness overload."
"Morning talent base. Are the afterburners on full thrust? You bet."
"Yes, well, publicity-wise this is a rather regrettable gonads-in-the-guillotine situation."

And not forgetting the 'wet' George Dent, one of my favourite quotes has to be:

"Does the Pope shit in the woods?"

lol - great original comedy that was actually recorded in the week it went out on TV so the news stories they were on about were actually happening the week it went out on TV!

:)

A great show indeed. Should dig out my copies and have another watch! :)

And it wasn't just the same week; each episode was recorded less than 24 hours before broadcast, and then the voice-over closing title discussions only about 3 or 4 hours before! Brilliant turnaround methods at Hat Trick!

My daughter bought 1 & 2 for me last year.

Very funny!!!!!!!!!

When was it originally on?

I liked but did not lurrrrrrve. It was OK.

A long long time ago!!!!!!!!!!!

Fine! I'll go to wikipedia myself!

1990 to 1998.

I was about... 11.
I remember loving it.

I was about 10, when I remember watching it. Wasn't it on before Whose Line is it Anyway?

Could be!
Ah... the 90s.

I used to love the friday night line up when I was a kid. WLISA? Fraiser, Bottom, Red Dwarf, Cheers, hmmm what am I forgetting?

Oh well, now we have big brother, Friday night project and the charlotte church show... :(

Ooh, it's where we first saw Mrs Gideon from the Boosh.

Quote: zooo @ July 1, 2007, 1:56 AM

Could be!
Ah... the 90s.

But that's only like .... YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Not the early 90s!

That's FIFTEEN years ago. At least.

Ouch.

Quote: zooo @ July 1, 2007, 3:01 AM

Not the early 90s!

That's FIFTEEN years ago. At least.

Ouch.

OMG - it only feels like yeaterday. It certainly does make you feel old. :(

;)

For those interesting, there is an import day in Hawaii. Today is Father Damien Day!

I should point out it is to do with a Catholic priest called Father Damien who helped lepers and has nothing to do with the GlobeLink reporter, but I thought I'd pop it in for interest.