Would I Lie To You? - Series 16 Page 2

Quote: Genus @ 1st April 2023, 9:08 AM

I totally agree with you, the guests are getting more and more obscure as the weeks go on. I know they are trying to newer guests and not keep rehashing the same guests over and over again, but please put some guests that the audience actually knows.

They can have Bob Mortimer on every week, as far as I'm concerned!

Last night's was excellent, really back on form. Ugo Monye was a revelation, he's so funny. His quip about nipple twisting had me laughing out loud.

Quote: beaky @ 1st April 2023, 9:47 AM

Last night's was excellent, really back on form. Ugo Monye was a revelation, he's so funny. His quip about nipple twisting had me laughing out loud.

I agree. I was getting tired of it but Morgana was brilliant.

I was in the audience for that one, so very interesting to see it at the end of the process. It was a very, very long recording so there was a lot of gold removed in the edit, but also made much funnier compacted into the half hour.

Quote: Aaron @ 4th April 2023, 8:49 PM

I was in the audience for that one, so very interesting to see it at the end of the process. It was a very, very long recording so there was a lot of gold removed in the edit, but also made much funnier compacted into the half hour.

Do they do re-takes or is it just gaps between rounds, takes etc.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th April 2023, 8:23 PM

Do they do re-takes or is it just gaps between rounds, takes etc.

They re-recorded two or three brief bits at the end, mostly just capturing Rob's retorts from different angles if memory serves. The rest was just lots and lots of chat and reasoning and arguing about what might be true or not and why. No gaps. There was a warm-up but there was so little for them to do, I don't remember who they were.

"A rabbit's tear in a petrol spill".

I can't believe they had the temerity to cut a Bob story out of the main show!

Quote: zooo @ 8th April 2023, 10:40 AM

I can't believe they had the temerity to cut a Bob story out of the main show!

Yes. Me too!

Quote: Aaron @ 4th April 2023, 8:49 PM

Any idea how early you need to get to Pinewood for the filming? The tickets just say to make sure you get there in plenty of time. Thanks

Quote: Gogden @ 7th June 2023, 5:23 PM

Any idea how early you need to get to Pinewood for the filming? The tickets just say to make sure you get there in plenty of time. Thanks

No less than an hour before. I'd probably aim for two.

Quote: Aaron @ 7th June 2023, 5:41 PM

No less than an hour before. I'd probably aim for two.

Great...thanks for your help

Wanted to buy a Kit kat to sustain me, along with a cup of tea, on my train journey home tonight. They had no ordinary ones so I picked up a chunky one. Then I thought, no, Bob Mortimer lost six teeth biting on one of those. So I put it back. A narrow escape!

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th July 2023, 8:43 PM

Wanted to buy a Kit kat to sustain me, along with a cup of tea, on my train journey home tonight. They had no ordinary ones so I picked up a chunky one. Then I thought, no, Bob Mortimer lost six teeth biting on one of those. So I put it back. A narrow escape!

I thought it was 9.

If only he'd had his Fuji 9 on him.