HM The Queen Page 8

Quote: Lazzard @ 3rd October 2022, 6:10 PM

I think it's from a TikTok - so shit video quality
Any better? https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Rj5OlUMWGs4

What a load of crap. IF it had been a half decent impersonation, which is not hard to do, it might have had some value, but some drunk twat yelling obscenities into a microphone is immature.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd October 2022, 11:12 PM

What a load of crap. IF it had been a half decent impersonation, which is not hard to do, it might have had some value, but some drunk twat yelling obscenities into a microphone is immature.

I hadn't realised there was sound.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd October 2022, 11:12 PM

Made me hoot.
The whole point was it wasn't an impersonation.
Never mind.

Quote: Lazzard @ 4th October 2022, 9:45 AM

Made me hoot.
The whole point was it wasn't an impersonation.
Never mind.

Really? Do you really think that thicko thought to himself "I know I'll make it a shit impersonation to show how clever I am and impress society's movers and shakers of the comedy world."

Like you say, patronisingly...........never mind. You just keep thinking what a hoot it was.

How do you know he's thick?
Is it the Northern accent?
It wasn't meant to be an impersonation.
Do you not understand that?
And who are "Society's movers & shakers of the comedy world" when they're at home?
I don't mind that it didn't tickle you, but the rude tirade seems a bit OTT.
Good grief.

I'm with Lazzard. It not being an impression is part/most of the joke.

Oh I saw that on Twitter! Very funny.
Reminds me of the Janey Godley voiceover videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3gKqJvDV9E

Quote: Lazzard @ 4th October 2022, 10:13 AM

How do you know he's thick?
Is it the Northern accent?
It wasn't meant to be an impersonation.
Do you not understand that?
And who are "Society's movers & shakers of the comedy world" when they're at home?
I don't mind that it didn't tickle you, but the rude tirade seems a bit OTT.
Good grief.

I know a yob voice when I hear it, and can honestly say, I didn't notice the accent - just a bawl.

Yes, good grief. Never mind

Quote: Aaron @ 4th October 2022, 10:48 AM

I'm with Lazzard. It not being an impression is part/most of the joke.

Never mind, and I reiterate IF he'd done an OTT Spitting Image type impersonation, it would have been funny. A drunken (?) rant into a microphone is not comedy.

Quote: zooo @ 4th October 2022, 10:48 AM

Oh I saw that on Twitter! Very funny.
Reminds me of the Janey Godley voiceover videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3gKqJvDV9E

Join the club

With his normal voice and no swearing, the video would have been totally UNfunny.
With his normal voice and the sweary dialogue, it would have been quite funny.
With the sweary dialogue in a Manc accent, the video is spectacularly funny.
25-carat comedy gold!

Quote: alison blunderland @ 4th October 2022, 11:49 AM

With his normal voice and no swearing, the video would have been totally UNfunny.
With his normal voice and the sweary dialogue in a Scouse accent, the video is spectacularly funny.
25-carat comedy gold!

More Manc than Scouse I would d say - but I get your drift.

Quote: alison blunderland @ 4th October 2022, 11:49 AM

With his normal voice and the sweary dialogue in a Scouse accent, the video is spectacularly funny.
25-carat comedy gold!

Oh dear..............

Quote: Lazzard @ 4th October 2022, 11:52 AM

More Manc than Scouse I would d say - but I get your drift.

You're right, Lazzard. It is Manc. Thanks.
Unfortunately, that wasn't the only mistake in my post. I wrote 'With his normal voice in a Scouse accent' (which makes no sense at all).
I've edited it now in hope it makes more sense.

That was a proper Manc being proper funny.

I must differ in humour. It was mildly funny but not hilarious. A bloke overdubbing words has been done to death. Didn't it start with postman Pat?
Janey Godley is the master these days, especially her wee nippy voice-overs. Oh, and the horse called Steven.

Has she taken a reign check?